Fury Prop Question

Wanting to put a 24p Fury on my boat. Hydra Sports 196 with a Johnson 175 fast strike. Currently running a raker and it just doesn’t hold the bow up like I want and it doesn’t stay on plane at low speeds well. Also when I have a heavy partner in the boat it will porpoise a lot.

My question is should I run a 3 blade or a 4 blade? The raker is turning 5400 and speed is between 58-60. I feel like I should be able to get more mph out of this boat. But handling is terrible currently at low speeds and with an oversized partner.

Had a fury 24 on it when I first got it and it would do 54 mph at 4700 rpms and had great hole shot, sold the prop because I couldn’t get the rpms up, but it turned out to be a motor issue and not a prop issue. I believe now it will spin the 24 fury at 5400 or so.

I would try the Trophy on that rig first being how the OMC made boat has similar characteristics to boats I have owned and the Trophy always performed well as long as it was in great factory condition. BTW, use the #200 Michigan wheel hub kit, it way better than the Merc kit.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.