2006 ranger trailer?

I have a 2006 ranger single axle trailer and it still has the original hubs on it. I have changed the hub oil but that’s it. My question is before the tournament season starts should I replace the hubs? Just don’t want to be hours away from the house and have a problem. Or can I pretty much figure if there not leaking that I am good to go.

I would check the front and rear side of each wheel for any seepage of oil. If none, then all I would do is drain the current oil out and replace with new. DON"T disturb the cap, that could start a leak at the front. As long as you have no leaks, you should have no issues.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    I would check the front and rear side of each wheel for any seepage of oil. If none, then all I would do is drain the current oil out and replace with new. DON"T disturb the cap, that could start a leak at the front. As long as you have no leaks, you should have no issues.
    THIS^^^. The old saying, "If it ain't broke, DO NOT fix it" applies here.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    ^^^Yep, I had a 2003. Swapped the hubs last year before I sold it as one was just showing a light weep(Oil wasn’t milky). Ranger will send you basically complete sets with hubs, seals, and bearings, I carried them on long trips for a couple seasons just for worst case but never needed.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

5. Member
    I will definitely check. Thanks