Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    You mean our fun [at spending someone else’s money] is over now? Just kidding. I hope the new rig is everything you want it to be.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    You mean our fun [at spending someone else’s money] is over now? Just kidding. I hope the new rig is everything you want it to be.
    Yeah really....buzzkill. Seriously congrats on the new rig and can't wait to see pix!
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

3. Member
    I would never order another Ranger without a hydraulic jack plate . They work wonders. Also noted in your post your are in northern climate. I would buy the cover there is a reason guys who make a living bass fishing all have covers. I have had both flat and raised and I prefer raised as you don’t have to wrestle with pulling out the seat post and have it moving around boat. Sometimes a dealer will throw in a cover and each year Ranger runs a promo where you can get one with a boat order. If you expect family in your boat invest in dual console. Great storage in glove box. The L series requires you to “add on options” at higher costs. Ranger tends to package other items with other models
    2023 Ranger 521R
    Merc 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishNCPA View Post
    For those with a dual console 519, how is it trying to get rods in and out of the port locker?
    Only a bit of a problem with anything over 7 1/2 feet. And it can take a bit of geometry for spin casting rods. I end up keeping those in the center locker.

Only things I would add is a tilt wheel, an automatic livewell pump out if you fish tournaments, and a step.

5. Member
    I suggest a boarding ladder. It's one of those things that are no fun to buy, but when you need it, you need it in a bad way. Mine saved my tail a couple of years back, I'm now a believer.

6. Member
    Does anyone know if you can still get the option to paint over Road Armor on the trailers? Im pricing out a 520L and my dealer said they do not have that option anymore?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron H 520 View Post
    I suggest a boarding ladder. It's one of those things that are no fun to buy, but when you need it, you need it in a bad way. Mine saved my tail a couple of years back, I'm now a believer.
    The boarding ladder is a standard feature.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IDCI07 View Post
    Does anyone know if you can still get the option to paint over Road Armor on the trailers? Im pricing out a 520L and my dealer said they do not have that option anymore?
    The dealer told me no so I asked the Ranger rep at the boat show - also told me no.

9. Member
    I also got the same answers.. I wonder if they had problems with it adhering to the road armor?

10. Member

Update on z519 order?

FishNCPA I am getting ready to order a 2021 z519 with Merc 225 ProXS four stroke. I am also going for Lowrance HDS Live on console and bow with Ghost TM. Now that you have had yours a while, anything you would order differently?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whodatt View Post
    FishNCPA I am getting ready to order a 2021 z519 with Merc 225 ProXS four stroke. I am also going for Lowrance HDS Live on console and bow with Ghost TM. Now that you have had yours a while, anything you would order differently?
    Replied to your PM, but I’ll share here as well.

Wouldn’t change anything I ordered, although I wish Evinrude was still making outboards

The items that I’m really glad I went with:

1. Fiberglass step + Fulton F2 2-speed winch. Love being able to hop off the deck onto the step, then use that 2nd gear to crank the boat from there. Has been extremely helpful when loading on shallow ramps, and just loading in general.

2. The traction pad in the cockpit is awesome. Couldn’t order the non-L boat with it, but dealer ordered and installed it for me. Really happy with it.

3. Lithium batteries (ordered separately, dealer installed). My parents live on a lake that is trolling motor only. We take the fam out there for long weekends many times during the summer. To be able to go several days without a charge has been great! I don’t think I’ve seen them dip below 50% on the Bluetooth app.
    Last edited by FishNCPA; 02-27-2021 at 08:58 PM.
    2020 Ranger Z519 Evinrude G2 225HO

12. Member
    Hard to believe it’s been a year (and quite the year!) since the process started. Honestly, feels like longer!

Anyway, here are a couple obligatory pics:

2020 Ranger Z519 Evinrude G2 225HO

13. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Great looking rig! You and I can compare notes as needed, with pretty much the same setup. I also put lithium batteries in mine last fall. Had 3 seasons on my trolling batteries and wanted to see whether the extended run time of the lithiums would come in handy in situations of heavy current or multi-day outings, as you describe.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123