Ultrex Maintenance

Any winter maintenance I should be doing to my Ultrex? 2 hard seasons on it.
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.

2. Member
    My Ultrex was making all kinds of noise at the bracket called Minn Kota and they said to spray dry graphite lube on it. It did quiet it down...

3. Member
    I usually grease all the pivot points and latch catch spots

4. Member
    Double Check all screws!! The ones holding the plastic side plates on the mount seem to work loose over time on my Ultrex. One of these days I'll slow down enough to put a dab of blue loctite on them and hopefully be done with that. Also, check all allen head bolts for tightness.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

5. Member
    Remove prop and check for bent shear pin and line or debris. Check prop where shear pin rides. Suggest new prop each year and if old prop looks good, use as spare. Remove one bolt in motor, looking for signs of water intrusion. If it shows signs, reseal. Replace both bolt o rings...one at a time. Spray graphite on all hinge pins. Remove side plates and make sure pivot bushings are good and pivots are tight to base. Remove cover for steering cables and check for frays. If footpedal is in recess, remove from recess and remove bottom plate, making sure all electrical connections are ok. Make sure recess drains well before replacing.
    If any parts are needed, give us a call.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    Remove prop and check for bent shear pin and line or debris. Check prop where shear pin rides. Suggest new prop each year and if old prop looks good, use as spare. Remove one bolt in motor, looking for signs of water intrusion. If it shows signs, reseal. Replace both bolt o rings...one at a time. Spray graphite on all hinge pins. Remove side plates and make sure pivot bushings are good and pivots are tight to base. Remove cover for steering cables and check for frays. If footpedal is in recess, remove from recess and remove bottom plate, making sure all electrical connections are ok. Make sure recess drains well before replacing.
    John
    Thanks for making me wish my garage wasn't 0* good write up!
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Dont recomend grease as it will collect dust and abrasives that will cause wear
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    John