Oil level Question

200 pro xs 4 stroke SN: 2B695171

Oil level is on the top bead (full) since i brought it home. Hasnt dropped or came up in 5 hrs of operation. My question is after reading that it needs to be on the second bead from the bottom of the safe zone is there any harm with it being full or do i need to drain some out? Engine never smokes at all.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I would correct the oil level at 20 hours (changing the oil and filter, as well as gear lube at that time).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Ok that was my plan just wasnt sure if i needed to lower it now. Thanks Don.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

4. Member
    I thought the level was ok as long as it was in those upper yellow balls? I thought i saw that on mercury's website videos.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That would still be in the "safe" zone. They do recommend setting the level at 1/4 - 1/3 of the way into the Safe Zone when changing the oil (and then maintaining that level) for best results.

Just happens to land on the second yellow ball in the "safe zone" area (not counting the one at the very end of the dipstick).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Don, let’s play what if...if I changed the oil and refilled to the second from the TOP, would you recommend emptying some out before starting it up in the spring?

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerZ519 View Post
    Don, let’s play what if...if I changed the oil and refilled to the second from the TOP, would you recommend emptying some out before starting it up in the spring?
    If filled beyond the above recommendation when changing the oil, I would recommend correcting it.