Thread: Trailer jack

Trailer jack

I think I need to replace my jack on a 2000 Ranger Trail. When I was lowering the trailer jack onto my hitch, I noticed the jack was "skipping" on the way down. Any recommendations on a replacement?

2. Member
    I have a 2004 trailer and called ranger for a replacement, think it was like $105. Just have your trailer serial number.
    04 Ranger 520VX
    17 Mercury 225 Pro XS

Brand ? Had same on my '06 trailer. Went to the manufacturers web site ( Dutton - Lainson) and ordered a kit. Rebuilt, and good as new for about $ 15.00

4. Member
    My '06 Ranger Trail started skipping as well and was getting hard to crank when it finally just broke. I ordered it from Ranger and was around $125 shipped.

5. Member
    I have a Fulton Maxforce. I called Ranger and gave my trailer sn, they sent me a Dutton-Lainson.

jack.jpeg

6. Member
    I had issues with mine as well, took it apart and cleaned it now it works like a new one.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

Just please keep your feet away from under the trailer when jacking it up or down. I remember a member some time ago that the trailer fell on his foot and it was not pretty. If you don’t trust your jack, replace it or fix it.

8. Member
    I called Ranger today to tell them that was the wrong jack and they said that is the one that came with the trailer originally. They're going to let me return it for full refund and I'm going to get an F2 from a local Ameritrail and they'll weld on a new plate.