Solix 15 software update issue (3.42 to 3.64)

Hoping to get some help. My solix 15 Gen 2 had software version 3.42 when I bought it. I'm trying to update it to the new 3.64 so I can sync and share way points with my front solix 10, which has updated successfully.
    The 15 appears to update and re starts automatically, but still has software version 3.42. Any advice?

Did you read the update description where it mentions version 3.500?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Yes, I've tried installing the 3.5 first but it will not take either. I've factory reset and tried again and still no success.

4. Member
    New solix 12's and I message wayne and he sent me 3.5 to download...I talked to customer support and specifically asked do I need to update to 3.5 before 3.64, while they did not say no what they said was that when you update to 3.64 it will install 3.5...their verbiage in their notes make it confusing.

I did what they said and it failed...WTF.

Then I took waynes 3.5 and updated.....It took about 10 min, then I shut down, restarted and updated to 3.64....did for both units and all went well. Took me an hour to do both units.

The first time I tried to update to 3.5 the night before it was hung up in the installing screen and I had to unplug the power cable after an hour.

I made sure there was nothing else on the card but the 3.5 update....then I had all the updates from the zip file that was from the download on another card when updating to 3.64.....All worked.
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

5. Member
    Do you remember which version you updated from on your unit? Mine is currently stuck on 3.42

6. Member
    Fwiw I updated my gen1 Solix 12(ver.3.40)a couple days ago. The download from Humminbird had the 3.50 update along with 3.64. Mine failed when I tried to put card in after boot up and let it automatically update. I had to use other method as listed on site, went to home menu and select files then I put sd card in and it showed 3.50 and 3.64 updates separately. I selected 3.5 let update then 3.64 and it was successful. I made sure to format my card in FAT32 before downloading from Humminbird. Unfortunately as someone else stated I now have a significant slow down in chart speed when I try using medium/high frequency selected at same time.
    Last edited by deadadrift89; 01-10-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Just downloaded the current software. It is shown as Rev B. It has 3.500 included
    Last edited by Wayne P.; 01-11-2020 at 04:15 PM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    It is easy with the Humminbird Fishsmart app it will show the 3.5 and the 3.64 on the Solix then just install in order.

9. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I was already at 3.5 but had no issues updating to 3.64 on my Solix 15 SI G1.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

10. Member
    I'm having issues as OP mentioined. I am in the boonies-very slow internet speeds-took 6 hours to download the update-it said it had 3.5 and 3.64 on the update. I even travel a lot and used hotel WIFI-a lot faster-only 30 minutes. I have read the directions and watched the video more than once. I think my issue might be I am using a MacBook Air- it's USB C and has no built in reader but I do have a reader attached. It does show the files there but they look nothing like the files on the video-the MacBook Air appears to Unzip the files when you click on them-there is no "UnZip" option but there is a "compress" option-anyhow the files appear as EXE files-12 of them.
    If anyone has the time as I feel like I have used about a full day trying to get this to work, can you just send me the updates-Please both 3.5 and the 3.64
    Solix 15" Gen 2 SI that is on 3.42 now.

Thanks In Advance

11. Member
    About how long did it take by Bluetooth?
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon396 View Post
    It is easy with the Humminbird Fishsmart app it will show the 3.5 and the 3.64 on the Solix then just install in order.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Quote Originally Posted by 21'Glass View Post
    I'm having issues as OP mentioined. I am in the boonies-very slow internet speeds-took 6 hours to download the update-it said it had 3.5 and 3.64 on the update. I even travel a lot and used hotel WIFI-a lot faster-only 30 minutes. I have read the directions and watched the video more than once. I think my issue might be I am using a MacBook Air- it's USB C and has no built in reader but I do have a reader attached. It does show the files there but they look nothing like the files on the video-the MacBook Air appears to Unzip the files when you click on them-there is no "UnZip" option but there is a "compress" option-anyhow the files appear as EXE files-12 of them.
    If anyone has the time as I feel like I have used about a full day trying to get this to work, can you just send me the updates-Please both 3.5 and the 3.64
    Solix 15" Gen 2 SI that is on 3.42 now.

Thanks In Advance
    PM sent
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member

Could someone please send me the updates as well

I know this is an older post but I am having the same issue getting the 3.50 & 3.64 to download.I too am using a apple mac and the files are showing exu. Could someone please send me the updates? Thank you in advance as I have been working on this most all day. my email is: bsmith_sed@twlakes.net

I’m having the same issues with a brand new Solix! Stuck on a black screen! Trying to download the latest software and it has 3.5 on the unit already! I’m a lowrance guy that’s thinking I just made a HUGE mistake!!!
    HELP!!!
    --------------------------------------------
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

2017 Sponsoring Partners:
    C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

15. Member
    Hi,

I am also having the same problem with Solix 12 G2 firmware 3,42. Of course I tried to install 3,5 first but unsuccessfully. How did you solve this issue?
    2020-08-25_08-49-59.jpg
    WBR,
    Ihor
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    UMS Tuna boats - 410 DC TT
    Humminbird Solix 12 G3 + AS GPS HS + Humminbird 360MEGA + MinnKota Terrova 55lb I-pilot LINK + Minn Kota Alternator MK-1