Thread: tow service

tow service

anyone able to reccomend a trailer/veh tow package comany, like boat us or whatever that would be good for the NC / SC area in case I have trailer / truck issues so i can get it towed back home if needed. probally within 100 miles of my home, unless i get crazy

2. Member
    I've been using AAA. BoatUS also has a trailer coverage option and is good to have for on the water issues, if they cover your area. Might also see if your auto/marine insurance provider can provide coverage. Be careful out there.

Never had the need to use it but I have been with Boat US for years. Have both, on the water and roadside coverage. Roadside covers the trailer and tow vehicle while towing. I like the idea of having a number to call if I have an issue and not looking for someone to call. Not every lake has a towboat located on that lake so there could be a delay with the assistance arriving. You should be able to find all the info on the Boat US website and you can call them for additional answers like is there a towboat based on a particular lake/river.

4. Member
    Boat US absolutely. I have used the on water service twice. Zero out of pocket. I have used the trailer service once when my truck engine blew on the way to a tournament. Ram paid for the truck tow and boat us paid for the boat tow. It was towed about twenty miles to the nearest Ram dealer. I had the option to have it towed with the truck to the same location as the truck, OR to have it towed 150 miles back to my home. The only problem with boat us, was it delayed my tow by 15 minutes because the kept calling my tow truck driver to make sure that everything was in order. Driver said boat us had already paid for his service before leaving the garage. I absolutely recommend boat us. Their service is A plus.
    Dale Johnston
    Wichita, KS
    2019 nitro z20, mercury pro xs 250 four stroke

5. Member
    Paid my BoatUS renewal $90/yr today. I have used once in 4 years. It was tow my boat in. Plan includes trailer tow also. I don't think you can beat it for peace of mind. Make sure they cover the lake or lakes you fish.

6. Member
    I use the AAA Premiere RV service for covering me on the road. They will cover both your boat trailer and vehicle. What I like about it if your truck breaks down, they will make sure your boat/trailer goes with it. Also they will come and just get your boat trailer if it fails.Roadside service like changing flats is covered for either vehicle as well. I have Markle for my on the water stuff but they will also cover roadside assistance for your boat.

7. Member
    Man I wish BoatUS was around when I was in the Coast Guard. Enough of the I ran out of gas 20 miles offshore scenarios and getting free tows. Although the taxpayer was happy to pick up the tab.
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

8. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Boat us about 94 bucks, on water tow, plus vehicle and boat and trailer tow.
    this inland towing is only valid if your towing your boat.
    it won’t come get your broke down truck , unless your towing the boat.

9. Member
    I use Boat US. The only time I had to call them was to help someone else but they came. It helps that they have a station in the marina next to the one where I keep my boat. It's always comforting to see them out there.