Thread: Remington V3?

Remington V3?

Anyone here using a V3 as their field gun? What's the general consensus on reliability and durability? These have caught my eye recently after the new 12 ga bug struck. I want a new camo semi auto to take hunting so I'm not beating up the walnut on my AL391 anymore. I put a nice ding in the stock by being careless while dove hunting eariler this year. Was pretty mad at myself over that. It was my first shotgun I got when I was 16, so it has developed more sentimental value over the years and is something of a future heirloom in my mind. I love my Beretta, but have also wanted an inertia gun for a while too after shooting a SBE2. Been looking at the Beretta A300 (familiar feel), Franchi Affinity 3 (scratch the inertia itch, Benelli isn't in the budget at the moment), and recently stumbled onto the V3 for another option at that price point. I haven't really paid any attention to Remington lately and am still leery of them with their QC issues over the last few years, but I've also heard these shotguns are good to go and they've placed a greater focus on quality with these. People seem to be pleased with them from the forum posts and other reviews I've seen so far. Any feedback on the A300 or Affinity 3 is welcome too.

I can't speak to the V3, but I do have the VersaMax. I really like it. Just speaking on Remington's QC recently, I haven't had any problems with my VM and know of several other people that haven't had any problems either. The only thing I did not like is the forearm was a little loose and wobbly. Simple fix though was to set the butt of the gun on the ground and really put a lot of force on the forearm as you are tightening the cap. Once I did that, it's as solid as can be. I've had it for about 4 years and not a single misfire for fail to eject or anything. Used it for everything from dove loads up to 3 1/2 duck and goose loads. I know it's not the V3 you asked about, but I haven't had any issues with any of my 3 Remingtons.

Your post got me interested in the differences between the VM and the V3. VM is a softer shooting gun, V3 seems have some refinements done to it. Does not have the forearm issue along with some other "refinements".

That's good to hear about the reliability. Looks like, in terms of the gas system at least, it's an updated version of the Versamax? The waterfowl pro model certainly looks interesting, but that's hitting the $1k mark.

5. Member
    I have the A300 and has been flawless. My dad has one as well and has had zero problems as well. We absolutely love the gun as they fit us the best and are awesome to shoot. Shoulder all of them and see what feels right to you

6. Member
    I have been shooting the V3 for two waterfowl seasons now and I really like it. I had a Weatherby waterfowl edition semi that I used prior and in my opinion there is no comparison in the two. The Remington shoulders great and I prefer the double BB sights that it has. I have shot everything from light loads for clays to heavy waterfowl loads and they all shoot good. I have only ever had one jam on me and I blame it on myself because it was the first shot after I tore the gun down and cleaned it. I haven’t had any issues with gun besides that and would recommend it! I do agree with jc1992 tho, you should shoulder all of them you can and get the one that feels right for you.

7. Member
    You may want to look at the Tristar Viper G2 lineup. I own a Viper G2 Bronze, and a Viper G2 Sporting, both in 12 ga, and I bout my grandson a Viper G2 Youth 20 ga. All three of them have been flawless so far.

https://www.tristararms.com/products...per-g2-series/