Water pressure sensor question

Hello

Engine details:
    2019 Merc 4 stroke 225
    Serial #2B692086

I recently ordered the digital water pressure sensor 71-8M0142696.

I installed it per the included instructions and hooked it up to the wiring harness connector.

However, I'm still not showing water pressure on my Vessel View 502, just a line.

Is there something I missed, or did I get a bad sensor?

Thanks

2. Member
    Do you have to turn the option “on” in the menu somewhere?
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leonreno View Post
    Do you have to turn the option “on” in the menu somewhere?
    I couldn't find anything, but I'm not entirely sure.

4. Member
    Post to European Marine Don will guide you, make sure you give all the Model #'s of Motor and sensor.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    It "should" come up, as long as that data item is active in your Vessel View.

Did you unplug the sensor and double check to make sure that no pins were damaged, bent, or pushed out of the connector?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    It "should" come up, as long as that data item is active in your Vessel View.

Did you unplug the sensor and double check to make sure that no pins were damaged, bent, or pushed out of the connector?
    I did double check the connections. Everything looked good.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You may indeed have a bad sensor. Since it (and the engine) are under Warranty, the best method would be to have a dealer confirm whether the sensor is sending a signal (this is easily done with the G3-2019 Computer Diagnostic System). If there is no input or data- they should be able to replace the sensor for you under warranty.

Just to be on the safe side, take a copy of your receipt (where you purchased the sensor)- as that's your "warranty document" for the sensor.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Thank you for the replies!
    I'll try a new sensor and update with results.

9. Member
    Just an update.

Found the solution in he vessel view settings. Lots of menus. Took me a while.

Thanks