Buying a new to me 2005 ZX225 Need advice

Looking at a 2005 ZX 225 in pretty good shape. Motor is 2012 Yamaha 225 SHO with 180ish hours. Trailer is a 2016 all aluminum frame trailer. Electronics are older Lowrance, and both have GPS. Has 1 MinnKota Talon on back, and a MinnKota 101 trolling motor. Hydrawave mounted on front deck, and a wireless sonar (for rear fisherman to connect his phone) in back of boat. Boat will need new carpet soon, and needs to be cleaned up.

I think I can get it for around 22K. Never owned a Skeeter, or a Yamaha, so I am a little out of mt element on determining if this is a good price. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Boskeeter.jpg

2. Member
    Found this on the Skeeter boats for sale page. Year older and not a SHO though but you can compare. I think the above price is too much if it was me and I wanted the boat I would offer less. Make sure you find out if that is the original power head because if not you most likely you will end up replacing it.

04 Skeeter ZX225
    05 225 Yamaha
    HPDI

Listed 8/15/19P
    Two 25 Yamaha T1's, MG Digital Tour 82#, HDS7, Chirp 5, 8' Talons, Aurora Canvas cover, spare trolling motor (parts or rebuild), new 3 bank charger. Seats recovered. New carpet, bunks, bearings on trailer. Less than 200 hours on new powerhead and lower unit.
    Call Steve: 803-464-5700 or email for more information.
    Steve - SC
    Jackson, SC
    $20,000. $19,500.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

3. Member
    Looks like a pretty good rig! I think at $20K it would be a steal, because of that newer motor. $22K to me would be if the electronics were recent. Close enough to work the deal though. Good Luck!

4. Member
    Good motor, good trailer, good hull. Check the motor, condition of hull. I would probably try and negotiate down for electronics and carpet/seat replacement.

5. Member
    Deal is now for 21K Think I am gonna go ahead and buy it... Newer SHO motor and aluminum trailer makes the price point a good deal from everyone I have spoken to

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobolen View Post
    Deal is now for 21K Think I am gonna go ahead and buy it... Newer SHO motor and aluminum trailer makes the price point a good deal from everyone I have spoken to
    I agree.

7. Member
    I had a 2004 ZX225, and it was a decent hull. It's funny, those years of boats don't ever seem to lose or change too much in value when selling. I bought mine in 2007 for $24,000 and sold it in 2012 for $21,000. One thing to watch for is the digital touch panel around that year, it was known to fail often and no longer work. Skeeter offered an analog replacement, that consisted of basic rocker style switches and new fuse block.

8. Member
    +1 on panel. $500 to replace