Thread: Ford oil leak

Ford oil leak

I have a 2015 F150 with the 2.7 Ecoboost. 55,000 miles. In 2019 it spent a month in the shop for leaking oil pan. They can’t seem to get it right. Always under warranty so far. 4 times now they have pulled the pan, and either replaced pan, or resealed it. I just got it back on Jan 3rd and have only put about 200 miles on it so far. Maybe 4th times a charm!

Anyone else on BBC have this issue? My first Ford truck in 23 years. Had some older Fords a long time ago, then drove Dodge and Chevy for a long time before giving Ford another go. Only other issue was the rear power sliding window frame came loose, but that was an easy fix. Otherwise I like the truck, but if they can’t get the oil leak fixed I’ll go back to GM.

Thoughts,
    Buckman

2. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Buddy in Texas... Same truck/engine/problem(s) as you're experiencing.

I believe they did finally get it squared away on the 3rd try, though... I'll have to check with him.
    Who controls John Gill?

3. Member
    I have the same truck/engine combo. No problems after about 47,000 miles. When did the leak start? I hope they got it this time.

Some where around 45,000 or so. I’m at 55,000 now. So far I’ve only put about 300 miles on it since I got it back, so far no leak. The last time it was about 1,000 miles before I noticed it again.