Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    disclaimer.....I'm currently a ranger owner.....but...

following "asking" prices for older boats (don't know what they actually sell for)......looks like the allison, bullet, strokers depreciate to a certain level then hold at a really good level......buy a good used one of these and you'll likely loose less money if taken care of.....

2. Member
    I got my lunch money taken away from me when I traded in my Lund here in Idaho. It was an issue of brand familiarity and what people want in certain areas of the country. I was tempted to try a sale on walleye central and see if someone from the Midwest wanted to drive out to pickup but decided against it. Figured after enough craigslist no show people, people saying they would drive out and doing so we’re slim. Also didn’t have the confidence to meet in the middle and get the will you take a check I didn’t bring enough cash. No comparison to that Lund and the ride in my Stratos though.
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Buy a tin boat, those maintain there value better than any others, and the added plus is they are lower on initial costs.
    +1. Aluminum always holds its value well and the boat itself has less depreciation intrinsically than glass boats.

4. Member
    I haven't looked at all the replies. But for a glass boat, I would think a Stroker.

A used boat hold value over a short time vs any new boat , I’ll explain = go buy any used boat at market value and you will not lose near the percent as a new boat brand don’t matter .

6. Dogfish_Jones
    I had a Ranger 364 which I bought in 1992 for around $26,000 brand new, in 1998 it was sold for $8,000 and it still looked like it just came off the showroom floor. Less than 150 hours on it and not a stain or scratch on it.
    DISCLAIMER..... my wife, now my ex-wife sold it while I was at work and she had decided that fishing wasn’t in my plans anymore. She did say the guy that paid cash for it did take all my rod and reels out and my tackle. I’m sure my wife was hoping that went with the sell. He properly knew he was getting something a little shady, but he got the title to the boat so he wasn’t to afraid to hook it up and drive away before I got home.
    I had to sit in the basement and have a long talk with my dog. The dog talked me out of killing her.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    I had a Ranger 364 which I bought in 1992 for around $26,000 brand new, in 1998 it was sold for $8,000 and it still looked like it just came off the showroom floor. Less than 150 hours on it and not a stain or scratch on it.
    DISCLAIMER..... my wife, now my ex-wife sold it while I was at work and she had decided that fishing wasn’t in my plans anymore. She did say the guy that paid cash for it did take all my rod and reels out and my tackle. I’m sure my wife was hoping that went with the sell. He properly knew he was getting something a little shady, but he got the title to the boat so he wasn’t to afraid to hook it up and drive away before I got home.
    I had to sit in the basement and have a long talk with my dog. The dog talked me out of killing her.
    If that's a true story, how long have you been out on parole?

NONE!!!
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

9. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    If that's a true story, how long have you been out on parole?
    As mentioned, me and my lab sit in the basement and had a looooong talk. My lab talked me out of killing her. Not that that didn’t cross my mind a few hundred times that night. But on the serious side, knowing I would go to jail over her sorry a$$ made me not do it. She wasn’t worth me being locked up forever. I just bid my time and when the kids got older, I told her I was going fishing and would never be coming back. Divorced the very spawn of Satan, bought a new home and both my kids came to live with me.

I'd killed her ass and hoped for an all male jury .

11. Member
    I'd hazard a guess that one of the brand new brands / models would hold value well... i.e., one of those new vexus tin boats. Something where if someone is dead set on a particular boat, there won't be a large market.
    There are TONS of used Rangers and Tritons and Nitros floating around, so supply / demand will drive the price down a little bit. If your one of the only people with a used vexus to sell you should be able to fetch a little bit more if you find a buyer dead set on a vexus.
    2020 Triton TRX189 B B W
    Mercury ProXS 150 I B O
    Garmin EchoMAP Plus (2x) G A L
    Toyota 4Runner D F

Maybe its been said but if you buy a garage princes around 10 years old right and take care of it.
    It will hold its value. They are around but hard to find.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

13. Member
    I would say Allison, a low volume builder.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    Maybe its been said but if you buy a garage princes around 10 years old right and take care of it.
    It will hold its value. They are around but hard to find.
    Best answer....I've turned a profit on the last 3 boats I've sold by doing this, and been getting a nicer newer boat everytime. It's nice to use a boat for 5 years and sell it for more than you gave for it. You just have to look hard, not get in a hurry, and have cash in hand when you you find a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuel View Post
    Best answer....I've turned a profit on the last 3 boats I've sold by doing this, and been getting a nicer newer boat everytime. It's nice to use a boat for 5 years and sell it for more than you gave for it. You just have to look hard, not get in a hurry, and have cash in hand when you you find a deal.
    That's what I'm talking about! But I think I'm done. Like what I have so I will need to re-carpet next couple years and probably repower if needed from here. Got a sweet piece now.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuel View Post
    Great idea. So by the time you are 80 years old you will finally have the boat you really want
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

17. Member
    Maybe lol, my wants tend to change.

I might think different if I win the Powerball.

18. Member
    NEVER LOST MONEY ON A RANGER

19. Member
    You Sir, and your dog, are more men than I would have been in that situation.

20. Member
    Ranger,,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast