Thread: Ski tow bar

Ski tow bar

Anyone pull a tube (or similar) with their BassCat?

I'm looking for something for some light tubing with my kids this summer. I see a "ski tow bar" on the BassCat store, but I can't tell how it attaches. I have two power poles, so I need something that won't be in the way of those

Any ideas?
    2023 Puma STS

I towed my kids last summer while we were visiting Tennessee (Center Hill). I didn’t use a tow bar, just connected the harness to the rear tie down eyelets. Just use a good tow rope, lot of drag initially. No doubt a tow bar would be nice and create the upward force therefore helping to tube to get on plane. If I was planning on towing the kids a lot I’d probably get a tow bar.

3. Member
    I use the ski tow bar but it won't work with your poles. You will have to do like C130 suggests and use the transom tie downs and a harness. I will suggest that you get a ball to keep the rope up out of the water. It will work without it but it does pull the front of the tube down.

4. Banned
    You are in a bit of a bind with all the extra toys on board.
    Personally I recommend using a triangle tow bar set up that has two stern supports. The higher the bar the better it is for those being towed.

The make a tow bridal that hooks to the transom hooks and has a hook up on a pulley that can move side to side. It has a float on the pulley end so as not to sink into the prop. This would be your best bet. I would also recommend a cheaper low pitch prop to use to keep the motor rpm's up. Good luck