Thread: Dual Bow Units

Dual Bow Units

I never thought I would be one of those people, lol.

Anybody have a dual bow setup? What mount are you using. Any deploy inference issues with trolling motor? Pics?

I have a Humminbird Helix 10 and a Garmin 93sv+. Currently, just the Garmin is mounted.

I'm thinking of getting the Precision Sonar mount but not sure about clearance.

https://www.precisionsonar.com/produ...-mounts/o-u-bm

2. Member
    Bass Boat Technology is a contender too. A bit more expensive but it comes with a thicker plate to place OEM plate. I just wish they had better pictures of their bow mount setup. They got tons of console pics.

https://www.bassboattech.com/index.p...tack-bow-mount

3. Member
    [QUOTE=BoatNoobie;10770566]I never thought I would be one of those people, lol.

Anybody have a dual bow setup? What mount are you using. Any deploy inference issues with trolling motor? Pics?

I have a Humminbird Helix 10 and a Garmin 93sv+. Currently, just the Garmin is mounted.

I have a 7' bird at the bow and helm that came on the boat and my Garmin is mounted on a Ram above the bird on the bow. I use the Garmin for livescope , I also side mounted a 10' bird on the helm, and never had any issues on deploying the TM. Like everything else, just watch what you are doing and muscle memory will kick in. The 7 on the bow is mounted on top of where the cup holder is using a Vexus mount, the Garmin is mounted where the flush mount plate is.

4. Member
    [QUOTE=Guntucky;10771145]
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    I never thought I would be one of those people, lol.

I have a 7' bird at the bow and helm that came on the boat and my Garmin is mounted on a Ram above the bird on the bow. I use the Garmin for livescope , I also side mounted a 10' bird on the helm, and never had any issues on deploying the TM. Like everything else, just watch what you are doing and muscle memory will kick in. The 7 on the bow is mounted on top of where the cup holder is using a Vexus mount, the Garmin is mounted where the flush mount plate is.
    What is a Vexus mount? Is it just your typical n frame bracket that goes over the front of the footwell?

I think I'm going to go with the BBT.

5. Member
    Just ordered from BBT.

6. Member
    9" Lowrance Elite Ti2 and 9" Garmin (Livescope). Not sure of the brand as my dealer purchased and mounted it.

dual mount.jpg

7. Member
    Wanted to update this.

As stated, I went with the BBT dual mount. Ran into a few issues.

Maybe I was over thinking this, but I didn't see an easy fix for this issue, so I hacked up my new mount lol.

On the very top of the mounting plate, there's 3 screw holes going across. Maybe it's me, but I didn't see a way to access the top middle screw hole easily.

From what I could tell, it looks like BBT expects the users to separate the 2 BBT piece mount and remove the fiberglass bow piece from the Vexus boat. Then mount the BBT mounting plate in place. Then mount the BBT rotational display mount, then mount the fiberglass bow piece back onto the boat.

Here's what I did. I drilled through angled plate where the displays are mounted. I wish I had a drill press to make it cleaner but I just freestyled it with a drill. This gives me direct access to that middle top hole now. You can see my modification in one of the pics.

I also had an issue with the included mounting bolts, washers, and nuts. I selected the Helix 10 G3N and Garmin 93sv option on the site. Well, the washers for the Garmin are barely bigger than the holes of the BBT, so not a lot of backing support there. The washer and the nut are the same diameter. Seems to defeat the whole purpose of a washer there.

The bolts for the Helix are too short and thick. As is, I would have to enlarge the holes on the factory Helix mount for it to work, which I did since I wanted stronger bolts in place. Then when using the supplied bolt and nylon nut, there isn't enough threads to even get into the nylon portion. IIRC, supplied bolts are 3/4". Or was it 1". I cant remember now but they need to be 1/4" longer than whatever is supplied.

Included mounting hardware isn't that big of an issue but just annoying. Very easy to replace.

The mount does seem solid. I'm not jumping waves or anything though. No clearance issues with the trolling motor. Looks cool too, like people think I know how to catch fish. Suckers.

8. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Nice !