Mississippi River Pool 4

Planning on fishing here this summer. Any recommendations on lodging and boat launches? If I launch on the Minnesota side do I need a Minnesota license? TIA

Reidt's Motel and Cabins
    Steve
    2006 BassCat Puma
    2006 Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Team Daiwa!

3. Member
    You only need a license from either state no matter where you launch. But you cannot go past a railroad bridge into the other state to fish. There is a COE website for maps of the entire river that's good for navigation. Look up Upper Mississippi River Navigational Charts. You can copy any of them.
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY

4. Member
    I have another question. Where are the boat launches on this pool?

There's Roshen Park just south of Lake City, Ike's Park in Wabasha, ramp in Alma just above the dam, ramp in Pepin, WI, just to list a few.

As far as places to stay, if you have a fondness for getting jolted out of bed at night by a freight train, try Camp Lacupolis.

I do recommend this place: https://www.bigriverresort.com/
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

6. Member
    If your going to fish Pool 4 what are you going to fish for, it is known as some of the best Walleye fishing around these parts.

7. Member
    My experience is with the southern end of Pool 4. I usually stay at the Wabasha Amercinn - they have outlets in the parking lot for boats. With bass boat I usually launch out of Ike's Park, but if the water is high, bring wading boots. With the kayak, I like some of the launches of Hwy 25 into the sloughs, and have done Pepin and Maiden Rock also with the kayak.