Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    Sounds like my Citori, does yours have the straight english stock without the pistol grip. Love mine shoots right where I am looking.
    Yeah, straight stock. I can hit skeet but I still can't hit partridge. Wish they'd slow down and fly straight

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drake322 View Post
    It does not matter which gun you pick out. If it does not fit you, it will be a waste of money. Go shoulder several and see where your natural POI will be. I also would suggest that if you could go to a clay range and shoot several guns that friends or fellow shooters have. I used to shoot skeet weekly and have had high end guns like Kreighoff, Beretta and lower end Brownings. FWIW, I shot my best with the Browning.

I have a few brownings etc but my dad has an 870 express he bought when he was 18 and that thing fits me like a glove. I shoot way better with it even with the loss of time pumping the action than I do with my pretty guns.

3. Member
    I have a couple Berettas as well as a ruger red label . I think Browning builds a good quality gun but I don’t shoot them very well they just don’t seem to fit me well . When the red label was still being made I thought it was a great gun for a reasonable price .

4. Member
    shotguns are like hammers there are many types for different jobs along with personal preference but which ever one you get it is worth getting it fitted to you , most gun smiths can put you in touch with the local good guy.
    if you are shooting five stand and trap my advice would be 32 inch barrels for a over and under 28 inch for a semi 30 inch if you are a big guy
    do not be afraid to buy a used quality gun they work out to be cheaper in the end i have been using my 32 inch over and under for 40 plus years which was purchased used
    when it comes down to which brand go to a few gun clubs and try a few guns see what you like the feel of not the one you break the most clays with gun fitting will take care of that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12