Black lights under rub rail

I was told black lights under the rub rail would look "tacky" what's your opinion?20200108_071219.jpg20200108_071256.jpg20200108_071347.jpg

2. Member
    Mine are above the rub rail. I don't care how they look as they make night fishing a lot easier.

3. Banned
    Are you trying to care what others think, or do what you think will help you fish at night?

personally I don't like them that way. I would love to have some of the ones made into the rub rail but I don't night fish enough any more to really make it worth the purchase.
    I still have some of the old suction cup blacklights from years ago and they still work but haven't used them in years

5. Member
    your probly gona get several opinions on this I dont think its a big deal ether way it dont look bad at all. but its what you want.

6. Member
    I dont think it looks tacky and it does work well. I just wondered what others thought.

7. Member
    Consider the "Nightfishion" in the rub rail system. The cats meow for night fishing. No more cords, black lights/suction cups etc. Two buttons to push for port and starboard rub rail.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by davesz518 View Post
    Consider the "Nightfishion" in the rub rail system. The cats meow for night fishing. No more cords, black lights/suction cups etc. Two buttons to push for port and starboard rub rail.
    They're cool, but not $1000-1500 kind of cool.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davesz518 View Post
    I had this brand on my boat a few years ago. THEY SUCKED!
    The lights were going out one by one in less than 4 months.
    I now use Bluewater for all my lights. Easy install and no problems.
    Go Gators!

10. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Don’t have an opinion But I love your Javelin!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Tacky :

People of Wal-Fart

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ST8Bugging View Post
    I had this brand on my boat a few years ago. THEY SUCKED!
    The lights were going out one by one in less than 4 months.
    I now use Bluewater for all my lights. Easy install and no problems.
    Guess I got lucky.....mine don't suck and have used them for the last 3 years....to each his own.

13. Banned
    I’m not a fan. Had them but I ripped them off and bought a moonlight. Way better light

14. Member
    I had a guy here in middle Tn, put lights in my rub rail, did red green nav lights, then on each side I did black light at the deck, blue light in middle of boat and black light at the back deck all in the rub rail for about $400 separate switch for the black lights and blue lights

Gary Dyer in Murfreesboro Tn did my boat black lites in rub rail deck lites and nav lites in rub rail also a headlight mounted for good measure . He supplied all the lights and material for around 5 hundred. Great guy
    Phoenix 919 Merc 225 pro XS

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASS2277 View Post
    Gary Dyer in Murfreesboro Tn did my boat black lites in rub rail deck lites and nav lites in rub rail also a headlight mounted for good measure . He supplied all the lights and material for around 5 hundred. Great guy
    I had Gary install a headlight on my previous boat. He did great work, and even took the time to clean up some cable issues from the previous owner and make things more organized. I didn't even ask him to do that.
    2023 Puma STS

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
    I had a guy here in middle Tn, put lights in my rub rail, did red green nav lights, then on each side I did black light at the deck, blue light in middle of boat and black light at the back deck all in the rub rail for about $400 separate switch for the black lights and blue lights
    Could you post a pic?