Lowrance Ghost TM foot pedal fits!

Hey guys, just finished installing the new Ghost trolling motor and I can't tell you how freaking excited I am that it fits the older foot pedal trays!! I had to get creative and make a raised platform to fit the Ultrex pedal which meant I looked and felt like Captian Morgan every time I was on it.........No more, check out the pics. I have a 2010 XB-21 2+2 Bassport FYI

Foot pedal 1.jpgFoot pedal 2.jpgFoot pedal 3.jpg
    Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing

2. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Now that's impressive and good to know. Makes me want to sell my Ultrex and buy a Ghost
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    Now that's impressive and good to know. Makes me want to sell my Ultrex and buy a Ghost
    I'm testing on Saturday in a tournament so I'll do a write on Monday on my thoughts.
    Mike Malinao

Cool!

Impressions on weight Mike vs the ultrex?

Give us some photos when you get a chance. I haven't seen one on an Ally yet.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

That's awesome! Congrats. So I just ordered a custom Gator Trax Strike Series 21' (the Allison's of tin). I was really wanting a Ghost, but I guess they don't yet offer shafts longet than 47" ? Due to the design, I need something a bit longer.

6. Member
    I put one on my boat also. Won’t be able to use it for a while. Really want to hear your thoughts on how it works. The Ghost is 7 pounds lighter as per a RMP YouTube video.

Quote Originally Posted by Cashew Chicken View Post
    That's awesome! Congrats. So I just ordered a custom Gator Trax Strike Series 21' (the Allison's of tin). I was really wanting a Ghost, but I guess they don't yet offer shafts longet than 47" ? Due to the design, I need something a bit longer.
    I just took a look at Gator Trax. Great design and use of space. I was wondering how they had so much storage and then I saw how they carried the back deck out to the back of the boat like a bay boat. Great engineering.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

^^^ I really liked how they are designed too
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

Craig, I'm pretty excited about it.

Man that Gator Trax is Bad A$$ !!!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooken203 View Post
    I put one on my boat also. Won’t be able to use it for a while. Really want to hear your thoughts on how it works. The Ghost is 7 pounds lighter as per a RMP YouTube video.
    I'm excited too, I'll do a write up on Monday and let you guys know my thoughts. Just the fact that it fits in the tray is already a HUGE win for me though!
    Mike Malinao

12. Member
    OK guys, I now have 6 days on the water with it and 3 of those were in tournaments. I LOVE the Ghost! It's not perfect, but it's pretty close. I'll do a full write as promised on my website www.m3outdoors.com (read my last Lowrance ..Connected article if you haven't already).

1. It's a lot quieter than the Ultrex, still some noise like a turning the knob on an old stereo to find a station.
    2. Deploy and stow assist is awesome and the fact that the motor turns automatically to stow is also awesome
    3. Anchor does an incredible job
    4. Connecting to your Live's is incredible (I haven't messed around with routes yet)
    5. The HDI transducer is just OK, I think I was spoiled with the 3-in-1 AI transducer I was running before the Ghost, but the 3-1 should be available in March (already ordered)
    6. This thing is POWERFUL! I was running 3+ mph on 9 and there's a max option that I didn't even get to

It takes a little while to get used to the pedal because you really have to apply pressure to the Ultrex pedal and you don't with this pedal (not to mention I was fishing with leg in the air with the Ultrex), but I'm dialed now.

I'll post the link once I finish my full write up in a couple of weeks.

-Mike
    Mike Malinao