Mid 90's Stratos/Javelins...

So...I am a fan...and am a researcher all in one...thread in the "lounge" got me thinking...I have read multiple times that the mid 90's stratos 201 hulls were among the best...what years are considered as such? Was there a hull change or a couple hull changes in the 90's?
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

2. Member
    they are fast,handle big water well,and a ton of fun to drive when set up correctly.i am not an expert on them but there are some guys on here that will chime in shortly that knows their stuff and the history of the stratos/javelin name.i dont think its just the 201 hulls that are popular for their performance but i was thinking any of the 19 to 20 footers were very well liked.i have a 1999 javelin renegade 19 with an evinrude 150 ho & jackplate that is a blast to drive.its probably the same hull as one of the 19'stratos hulls.they rate the renegade 19 hull for 175 hp.i bet the same hull on the stratos would be rated for 200 hp.when you find a good one i have always thought the best value in used boats were the stratos/javelin brand name.sorry i havent answered your questions but give it a little time and you will have your answers.thanks and good luck
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wentbroketryingtogopro View Post
    they are fast,handle big water well,and a ton of fun to drive when set up correctly.i am not an expert on them but there are some guys on here that will chime in shortly that knows their stuff and the history of the stratos/javelin name.i dont think its just the 201 hulls that are popular for their performance but i was thinking any of the 19 to 20 footers were very well liked.i have a 1999 javelin renegade 19 with an evinrude 150 ho & jackplate that is a blast to drive.its probably the same hull as one of the 19'stratos hulls.they rate the renegade 19 hull for 175 hp.i bet the same hull on the stratos would be rated for 200 hp.when you find a good one i have always thought the best value in used boats were the stratos/javelin brand name.sorry i havent answered your questions but give it a little time and you will have your answers.thanks and good luck
    Thanks.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

4. Member
    no one....ANYONE?

5. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=90992

Probably several more threads
    if you do a search in the
    forum.

6. Member
    I cannot talk about speed, not enough hp on the back, but my 1996, 201 does very well in rough water. I like the storage and fishability. My 1996 has a wood transom, many people would buy a later model one with no wood. Overall a very good boat for me.

7. Member
    I still have mind old 1988 201 Pro .Think it was the first year they came out with the 201 Hull /boat . has a wood transom soild as a rock .
    Has a 6 inch plate and a Mercury 2.5 200 HP and a Bravo 1 24 p prop . It'a a all day GPS 65 mph boat with a load . It's faster with a The Tempest Plus 25p . 68 GPS . The Bravo is a better all round prop on my set- up . but a tad slower.
    I think around 91-92 they put a deeper front hull and renamed it a 201 Pro XL