2.75" prop to pad
    full tournament load
    8' power pole blades
    3 31 group batteries
    current 74.3 @ 5,500 rpms
    September 2019
    air temp 89 degrees
    winds 7mph

Looking to switch to a 4-blade fury prop.
    When coming off the throttle fast, the rear wants to swing to the starboard side. I don't like that feeling and prefer 4-blade to keep boat more solid on waters surface.
    Any idea what size 4-blade fury I need and also the hub size?

I'm not looking to go any faster as I know a 4 blade will drop anywhere from 1 to 2 mph.
    Thanks!

2. Pat Goff
    I don't think changing props is going to make any difference on what you're describing. I'd suggest you borrow something before you drop money on it.
    Lot's of boats act stupid when you chop the power, trim down first should eliminate your wiggles.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

3. Member
    I'm with Pat it sounds more like nose hook when you let off fast than a prop problem.

Quote Originally Posted by pmgoffjr View Post
    I don't think changing props is going to make any difference on what you're describing. I'd suggest you borrow something before you drop money on it.
    Lot's of boats act stupid when you chop the power, trim down first should eliminate your wiggles.
    This
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    This
    second this

6. Member
    As said above .....trim down before letting off the gas . I have ran a bravo 1 with 1 inch vent holes
    drill in it .On my 2.5 200 hp Mercury .Love it on the lake as stop and go, with all the wave boats on the lake.

7. Member
    I do trim down when coming off the throttle. It is when I have to suddenly throttle down with waves or a another boat or jet ski.

8. Pat Goff
    Yeah, that is not going to get helped from a prop change. There's a lot of boats that do exactly the same thing.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

Pat is 100% correct as others have stated.

However, if you feel you must try a 4 blade Fury, try a 26.

10. Member
    What others have said is spot on. I run Bravo XS's and mine will get plumb stupid if I chop the throttle at full throttle or at any speed over 70'ish. My top speed is just under 80 and I have to come off the throttle carefully at that speed. Under 70 there is more hull in the water so the effect is not presen. I have also noticed its not as bad if I run the propshaft at 3" or deeper but then again I'm running slower.

Stratos 21XL Magnum
    Mercury 250 Pro XB

Driving a boat is much like driving a car. You have to be aware of your surroundings and always on the lookout for other watercraft and hazards such as waves.
    Slow down when approaching other watercraft and such. As it relates to waves, I'm on high alert for boat wakes when going all out. If fact I'm searching the water far far ahead looking for the boats that put out the big wave that I'll soon be hitting, and going air born if I don't slow way down in time. I understand you cannot always avoid something and have to drop speed quickly sometimes but a 4 blade will not help you keep the aft from getting stupid and wanting to hook.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

12. Member
    Yes I understand driving the boat. I asked about 4 blade as that is what I ran on a totally different hull and brand. A 90 362 ranger with 150 Johnson 150gt, heavier hull and yes different setup. I just remember how well the 4 blade got hull on plane and it kept the bow stable in rough water and waves. Is the Reason I was considering a 4 blade.

13. Pat Goff
    Which is completely different than the original question. Then the answer is yes, the four blade is easier to drive in big water, it will usually give you a quicker holeshot, and be overall easier to drive than that high rake T1. Like everything else on a boat, it's a compromise, if you're willing to give up some mph, you'll gain something else.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

Quote Originally Posted by javelin90 View Post
    2005 stratos 201 pro xl
    250hp vmax 20" shaft
    T1 27" Yamaha Prop- 3 blade.
    8" fixed slidemaster jackplate
    2.75" prop to pad
    full tournament load
    8' power pole blades
    3 31 group batteries
    current 74.3 @ 5,500 rpms
    September 2019
    air temp 89 degrees
    winds 7mph

Looking to switch to a 4-blade fury prop.
    When coming off the throttle fast, the rear wants to swing to the starboard side. I don't like that feeling and prefer 4-blade to keep boat more solid on waters surface.
    Any idea what size 4-blade fury I need and also the hub size?

I'm not looking to go any faster as I know a 4 blade will drop anywhere from 1 to 2 mph.
    Thanks!
    The motor is to high, lower it until the torque steer is reduced. Start by dropping it I/2 inch
    Thank You Leon Pugh