Gator Trax Strike Series 21'

21' dual console (removable) Strike Series ordered yesterday. The wait begins... :)

2. Member
    Excellent, look forward to seeing the pics.

3. Member
    I also am looking forward to this build. Any details on options?

4. Member
    awesome!!! keep us posted... what motor are you going with?

The boat will be painted in Sherwin Williams "Naval". They use Sherwin Williams psint exclusively. The passenger console will have a glove box and grab handle and will be removable via three thumbscrews. It will have gray Hydroturf (they don't use carpet). The drivers console will have a 12" Lowrance. A 10" Bobs hyd jackplate will be bolted on the transom. Due to regional sales restrictions they cannot sell Yamaha. I will have a new SHO bolted on when I bring it home. Still working on the bow electronics.

6. Member
    I look forward to seeing some photos as they build your boat.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashew Chicken View Post
    The boat will be painted in Sherwin Williams "Naval". They use Sherwin Williams psint exclusively. The passenger console will have a glove box and grab handle and will be removable via three thumbscrews. It will have gray Hydroturf (they don't use carpet). The drivers console will have a 12" Lowrance. A 10" Bobs hyd jackplate will be bolted on the transom. Due to regional sales restrictions they cannot sell Yamaha. I will have a new SHO bolted on when I bring it home. Still working on the bow electronics.
    How long is the build time?

8-10 weeks.
    Last edited by Cashew Chicken; 01-08-2020 at 08:31 AM.

Now we know who received the big Christmas bonus Congratulations man. You'll love it. You will be very glad that you had this hull made, and didn't buy a production line rig. The price of your boat "loaded and rigged out" will not be too much more than any other 21' aluminum hull "loaded and rigged out". The difference is the hull thickness and build quality of your boat, plus YOU designed it. The initial price of the production line 21' aluminum boats catch your eye, but by the time you have to add everything, the price is right there with your Gator Trax. With most other rigs, you will have to pay extra to upgrade to dual axle aluminum trailer. Also, most of the rigs will give you a way undersized trolling motor, a tiny GPS/fish finder, and under powered motor. Not to mention, you are going to want jack plate, 2 large screen electronics, hydraulic jack plate, power poles, etc. That $40,000 rig is now $55,000 plus. I'd rather spend $5,000-$10,000 more and get exactly what I want, with a tank of a hull. You will be a happy camper in a few weeks. Congrats again

Quote Originally Posted by Cashew Chicken View Post
    21' dual console (removable) Strike Series ordered yesterday. The wait begins... :)

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

10. Member
    If Cashew is who I think it is he’s done well for himself and will be an assist to this forum.

LOL...n2ratfishin, I believe this Gator Trax to be the Allison's of tin
    Last edited by Cashew Chicken; 01-08-2020 at 07:32 AM.

12. Member
    Strange that Gator Trax sells all outboard brands, Mercury, Evinrude, Suzuki and Honda, but not Yamaha. Hope you get plenty of pics during the build and share them here. The Strike Series is an awesome boat.

They would love to, but Yamaha does not give them permission to be a dealer, due to some "regional" issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff_3272 View Post
    Strange that Gator Trax sells all outboard brands, Mercury, Evinrude, Suzuki and Honda, but not Yamaha. Hope you get plenty of pics during the build and share them here. The Strike Series is an awesome boat.

Jeff, I sure will.

15. Member
    How dry are the storage boxes on these boats in a real rain?

Do you have any condensation issues with these boat when leaving outside?

Also, how dry is the ride when compared to a 20'+ fiberglass boat in a 1-2' chop?

How stable compared to a 20' Ranger or equivalent?

No issues with moisture in compartments. This is truly dry storage. I’ve had bad experiences in the past with other boats, as far as so called dry storage. My boat stays in my 30x40 shop, so I can’t really comment on anything as far as keeping the boat outside. It rides better than any other aluminum boat I have been in. Compared to my Skeeter, doesn’t ride as good in rough conditions. The ride as far as dryness is good, but if you hit that 10+mph crosswind in a good chop, you getting sprayed... but in those conditions I’m speaking of, you’d get sprayed in any BASS BOAT. It’s a great boat, but if you are fishing big water 90% of the time, you may want to look elsewhere.... deep vee or bay boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by crappielabrador View Post
    How dry are the storage boxes on these boats in a real rain?

Do you have any condensation issues with these boat when leaving outside?

Also, how dry is the ride when compared to a 20'+ fiberglass boat in a 1-2' chop?

How stable compared to a 20' Ranger or equivalent?

A buddy recently towed his brand new Strike Series from Springfield, La to his home in Kansas City, Mo. He said it rained hard the whole way home. He had forgotten that he left his purchase paperwork in one of the rear compartments. When he got home and opened the compartment , the paperwork was completely dry. I'm not interested in buying a new tin that I have to caulk, or modify in any way. The reason im going from glass to tin is ease of maintenance. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that this 21' tin will have a different ride than a 21' glass hull. I'm willing to give a little in that area. I don't make long distance runs like i used to.

18. Member
    Anyone with the one of these boats can you tell me the approximate hull weight fully rigged and water ready (boat, motor, fuel, batteries etc)?

Also, is everything 3/16" aluminum or just the hull?

It’s a tank man. Everything 3/16”. I don’t know my weight exactly, but I’m probably around 3200lbs or more when on the water. The speed numbers are pretty decent for the weight. You will not flex your compartment lids, nor will a 500lb man. It is a tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by crappielabrador View Post
    Anyone with the one of these boats can you tell me the approximate hull weight fully rigged and water ready (boat, motor, fuel, batteries etc)?

Also, is everything 3/16" aluminum or just the hull?