Does BRP offers a hub kit so you can run a raker on a Mercury fatshaft

I know there is a hub kit available for brp props to run on competitors engines but I've only seen the kit for 1" prop shafts. The Merc pro xs uses a larger propshaft. It's like 1 1/8" or maybe 1 1/4". At any rate, I'd like to run the raker but I don't know if brp offers a hub kit for the fatshaft mercs. Thanks.

I don't know but why run an inferior prop on the fat shaft Merc? Spare?
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Bobby, the original raker is a pressed in hub you'd have to go to a Raker 2 with a drop in hub. I haven't had any issues with the original Raker but there are alternatives out there. The Fury may be a better choice for you.

4. Member

Raker

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Bobby, the original raker is a pressed in hub you'd have to go to a Raker 2 with a drop in hub. I haven't had any issues with the original Raker but there are alternatives out there. The Fury may be a better choice for you.
    The fury won't work for me. It doesn't produce enough bow lift. The old rakers were great but require a 1" shaft motor. These new mercs have a bigger propshaft. I know the new rakers use hub kits so you can run them on other motors. The one thing I can't find the answer to is does Evinrude offer a hub kit for the Merc fat shaft. They have one for the Merc 1" shaft motors. I'm sure of that.

I think I ask this same question about every year or two. It would seem to me that Evinrude would want to sell props to everyone especially people with competitors engines. There are a ton of pro xs motors out there that could be candidates for prop sales.

5. Member
    try a bravo 1 prop lots of lift
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Have you tried a new Tempest? In my experience the Tempest is far better than a Raker and provides that extra lift you desire. You cannot base a test off of a prop that has been used for a while or one that was worked for someone else boat. The Tempest and the Fury are two completely different props and provide lift differently so you cannot use a Fury as an example of what a Tempest may do.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.