Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Not with updates, but the Gen 3 updates position twice as often as the Gen 2.
    My units worked great until the update. If this is how they are supposed to be and nothing changed with the update why didn’t they do it before?

2. Member
    Not calling you out in the slightest but in my experience people "notice" new things after an update. I'd really have to see how it looked before the update and after, all the while making sure that ALL settings are the same. Your update rate did not change because of the update, so it's hard to understand how the update could affect GPS speed. Updates are known to change settings so there is a distinct possibility something changed on your unit. Or, it's also possible you just didn't notice it as much before. Since you did the rollback and nothing changed, I'd tend to think some setting is different from last fall to now.

These were the changes implemented by update 18:
    Genesis Live mapping
    Yamaha Integration (Phase 2)
    Data Sources being reset after software update
    Xi5 sources and configuration disappearing after software update
    Waypoint parsing error
    Units stuck in Standby
    Time syncing on network displays
    GeoFence and Language unlocks being removed has been resolved
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    No Cal, I take no offense but believe me I watch speed constantly and always have. If not how else do you know how fast your fishing. My units never so much as skipped. Now it’s like watching a wheel on a slot machine. The numbers are constantly changing. If I some how have gps speed set wrong please for the love of god tell me how to change it back.

I have yet to see any unit that does not varie .1 to .3 even setting still in the driveway. It can be dampened though
    20200113_183339.jpg20200113_183319.jpg
    The photo shows the dampening setting I use
    The right one shows my map at maximum zoom, note the trails causing the red blob, that is movement that will show as speed indication. The setting I have dampen the the speed completely out to zero at rest
    Last edited by lpugh; 01-13-2020 at 08:48 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

5. Banned
    Has to be something with the newer models, my gen2’s don’t bounce; but they are hooked to a point1.

6. Member
    Leon, I mimicked your dampening settings. I will test it Saturday. Hopefully it works and thanks!

7. Member
    Back to the drawing board. Going to go back to version two, do hard reset and see what happens.

8. Member
    Thanks to Redranger. He sent me the old version of software. Installed only on my front unit and did hard reset and now my speed is back to being rock steady. I honestly don’t know how y’all deal with that constant speed jumping around crap. Thanks again Red!

Glad it worked for you
    2B576211

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12