Brake Line Schematics

2006 Ranger 519VX tandem axle trailer. Does anyone have a schematic for the system? My lines will not bleed at the calipers (using a power bleeder). Not sure Replaced the actuator already. There is a small electrical component behind the trailer actuator. What is that and how can one test it to make sure it works?

Thanks,
    Brian

2. Member
    Do you have a Channel Iron frame or Tube type frame trailer?

My 1998 Triton trailer had a tube type & I could not bleed it, come to find out the brake line chaffed inside the tube causing a small leak inside the tubing.
    took me a long time to figure that out, alot of swearing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Member
    It is a channel frame
    Not sure if there is an obstruction or perhaps the electronic piece is impeding the flow.

Quote Originally Posted by 1sharphook View Post
    The electric solenoid is a AUTOMATIC BRAKE LOCKOUT. The electrical lead from the solenoid valve must be connected to the tow vehicle backup lights. A “click”should be heard when the tow vehicle is shifted into reverse and the backup lights come on. To check: Have someone listen for the sound while driver is in the tow vehicle. Keep the emergency brake on and one foot on the brake pedal to avoid accidentally backing up.

If this solenoid has failed (stuck open), you will never build pressure at the calipers. This is because the solenoid would be bypassing back to the reservoir via the drain hose .

https://www.expediter.com/wp-content...e-Actuator.pdf
    I could be wrong, but I thought the lockout out solenoid was a one way valve that was closed when activated. This valve is closed by the electrical signal from the backup lights on the truck, thereby blocking fluid flow to the calipers. Blocking the fluid flow prevents the calipers from actuating when backing up an incline. There may be other setups, but that is how mine works.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1sharphook View Post
    The electric solenoid is a AUTOMATIC BRAKE LOCKOUT. The electrical lead from the solenoid valve must be connected to the tow vehicle backup lights. A “click”should be heard when the tow vehicle is shifted into reverse and the backup lights come on. To check: Have someone listen for the sound while driver is in the tow vehicle. Keep the emergency brake on and one foot on the brake pedal to avoid accidentally backing up.

If this solenoid has failed (stuck open), you will never build pressure at the calipers. This is because the solenoid would be bypassing back to the reservoir via the drain hose .

https://www.expediter.com/wp-content...e-Actuator.pdf
    Would another indicator be that I can roll the the trailer by hand backwards/forwards when it is not connected to the trailer? I had read somewhere that the brakes lock when disconnected so as to avoid the trailer rolling on uneven ground.