Mercury Flo Torq For Evinrude question

Just ordered the hub for a new fury 3 25pitch Did I read somewhere that this Herb may not tighten down? May need some customizing? Or a piece to buy? Anyone have any information like this?

2. Banned
    I'm currently running a fury on my E-tec G1 with no problems

Good to hear thanks

Good to hear thanks

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I'm currently running a fury on my E-tec G1 with no problems
    same here run a fury 3 and fury 4 on a G1 no issue, have used mercury kits however I personally like the Solas Rubex RBX rubber ones.. no clunk..
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 01-08-2020 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wannafishmo View Post
    Just ordered the hub for a new fury 3 25pitch Did I read somewhere that this Herb may not tighten down? May need some customizing? Or a piece to buy? Anyone have any information like this?
    You are correct, the merc hub kit will squish a bit and you will not be able to keep it tight. Your shit will start to spin and wear on the prop shaft possibly causing the shaft to break. Merc has an additional piece that is cone shaped that is supposed to fix this but it sucks as well. Do yourself a favor and get the Michigan wheel hub kit #200 if you have a V6 G1 rude to use with the Merc props that are common like the Fury.

Guys that say they have no issues with the Merc kit for the Rudes just don't realize it yet. I've been there done that and there is plenty of threads throughout the years on this topic. The Michigan wheel #200 hub kit is your ticket. No I don't work for, know anyone, have investments or own MW props. Just know what to use and what not to use from experience.

Keep the Merc kit in the boat as an emergency spare for you or a buddy should you break the one you are running.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Ordered MW 200. Thanks

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    You are correct, the merc hub kit will squish a bit and you will not be able to keep it tight. Your shit will start to spin and wear on the prop shaft possibly causing the shaft to break. Merc has an additional piece that is cone shaped that is supposed to fix this but it sucks as well. Do yourself a favor and get the Michigan wheel hub kit #200 if you have a V6 G1 rude to use with the Merc props that are common like the Fury.

Guys that say they have no issues with the Merc kit for the Rudes just don't realize it yet. I've been there done that and there is plenty of threads throughout the years on this topic. The Michigan wheel #200 hub kit is your ticket. No I don't work for, know anyone, have investments or own MW props. Just know what to use and what not to use from experience.

Keep the Merc kit in the boat as an emergency spare for you or a buddy should you break the one you are running.
    I'm fairly sure there is no problem with mine. The hub kit has over 1300 hours on it as of now used with 2 different props over the years 25 fury and a 26 fury. I think it would have shown a problem by now. Maybe some of them had problems but I'm sure mine is correct.

8. Member
    Sounds like the prop nut wasn't torqed right or came lose on that prop you had. If you use the coned bushing in the sleeve you have to torq it to 100 lbs.

9. Member
    Torque it correctly, I have never noticed any problems.

I bought the cone after having some issues and researching that issue here. I found many others had issues with the Merc Hub kits and someone recommended the MW200 hub kit. I bought it and it's been great for years now. Once I found the MW 200 worked great I didn't even bother with drilling out the coned piece so it fit the shaft and go inside of the hub kit. Just moved on and won't be using the Merc kit unless in an emergency.

IIRC, some said that Merc changed something with the kit because it was crushing which I found and then we bottomed out on tightening the nut. I'm glad some of you guys are not having issues. If you find out you are, you know a solution.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.