Feedback on SeaDek option

Can anyone give feedback on how quiet the boat is, how well the compartments are sealed, and if the compartments are carpeted. My dad has owned a 2008 H18 since new and this flooring option makes an Xpress very attractive on the next boat.
    2015 Phoenix 819

Boat is louder but no issue. Compartments are not sealed at all from the factory but its pretty easy to slow the leaks down. The compartments are carpeted. I wouldnt have carpet anymore after having seadek. You can wash the boat and its dry quicker than a car would be.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Member
    SeaDek is definitely the way to go. Compartments are a little loud when closing, are carpeted, and do leak, but there are solutions. If I bought another fiberglass boat, it would have SeaDek.
    2018 X19 Pro
    2018 Mercury 150 ProXS
    10" Hydraulic Atlas
    Helix 9 SI
    Helix 7
    Minn Kota 80# Fortrex

4. Member
    I like it. Only downside is it can be a little tough to clean. I usually spray it with simple green, scrub and hit with the pressure washer. Looks new after.

5. Member
    It’s not quiet at all. These aren’t quiet boats and the storage is certainly not dry (but is carpeted). Adding gas shocks to all compartment lids helps keep them from smacking down.

However, the seadek is one of the reasons I bought an Xpress. I like it so much better than carpet in every way, so far. The only question I have is durability. I have no reason to question it’s longevity I just haven’t had the boat very long and haven’t seen any old boats with seadek.

To the OP, since you’re in Pell City I’d suggest going over to Woods Surfside and looking at the boats on their lot. You’re also welcome to come to Moody and look at mine or meet me on Logan Martin on the rare day that I get to go fishing.
    Last edited by ajw18; 01-08-2020 at 07:37 AM.

6. Member
    2017 x19 boat and lids are loud if I buy again I will go with carpet .I had a H17 with carpet was a lot quieter .

7. Member
    Not to sound like a third grade teacher, but the lids are only loud if you drop them. I washed my Seadek this week-- I use the same scrub brush that I used on the carpet in my previous boat, and clean it the same exact way. I really feel like it is easier to keep clean than carpet. Just me though...
    2018 X19 Pro
    2018 Mercury 150 ProXS
    10" Hydraulic Atlas
    Helix 9 SI
    Helix 7
    Minn Kota 80# Fortrex

8. Member
    I put bubble seal on my decks where the lids hit .It help a lot .I just don’t like the metal to metal sound .Quite is good when fishing