FRX 21 Apex vs FXR 21 Limited

Can someone tell me the difference between the tow boat besides the price?

Sorry FXR21 Apex
    Last edited by lfadaol; 01-06-2020 at 04:07 PM.

2. Member
    Apex has some different colors and logos in places including the trailer. Apex has a locker bar.

3. Member
    Also includes

• Deck Lighting
    • 12" jack plate w gauge
    • Can upgrade to 15" Solix at console and 12" Solix at Bow
    • Lock R Bar

May have missed something???

MSRP
    Apex $77,495
    Limited $71,695

Looking at $5.800 for deck lighting, jack plate, Lock r Bar and special colors. Would be less to add all of the extras to the Limited.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    Same Hull??

5. Member
    Same hull - yes

6. Member
    How is the ride with this hull compared to other boats? Currently running a Rager 521c.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lfadaol View Post
    How is the ride with this hull compared to other boats? Currently running a Rager 521c.
    over 35% better ride quality compared to previous FX model!

8. Member
    I have had a 519 Ranger and a Skeeter FX. The FXR rides much better than either of those models.

9. Member
    Hey Keoweeskeeter!

Was able to make it by the dealer this week and they had the fxr 21 LE...Do you know what kind of top ends they are getting out of these rigs?

10. Member
    I have the FXR20LE. My top speed has been 74.1 mph It runs at 69-70 mph easily.

11. Member
    Awesome! Went ahead and bit the bullet today...Purchased the FXR21 LE.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nascar Z-21 View Post
    Awesome! Went ahead and bit the bullet today...Purchased the FXR21 LE.
    That's why I haven't gone and looked at one. May be to tempting lol

13. Member
    Congratulations on the purchase - what color option did you get?

14. Member
    I have a friend who's a guide on Fork. He has been running rangers for the last 20 years. (Probably because they give them to him! And he sells them)
    I just bought a 2019 FX 21 LE and I can't wait for spring to get here. My friend got a 2020 FXR 21 Skeeter, His own words.
    "It is unbelievable! It's longer, wider, faster and a lot SMOOTHER riding."
    So from a guy who fishes 300 days a year and used nothing but rangers, that's a mouth full.

I myself have been a ranger owner, from the short 20 minute had to take it out before I stored it ride.
    I was impressed with the boat. The Yamaha 250 SHO 4 stroke was impressive. Great hole shot, trimmed out nice,
    hit 74, was smooth on plane. The lake was calm, light chop, so I want spring to get here so I can really get a chance
    to check out the fishability of it. I will say that I bought the sales managers dealers demo, and it has 18 hrs. on it.
    I was really impressed with the trailer of the skeeter. It towed nice behind the F150,(2018 5.0 L Long bed Extended Cab)
    It was an easy launch and load by myself. Everything on that trailer was 1st class.

I have spent the last month updating the H-Birds so I at least have a fighting chance to make them work. (shoutout thanks to Wayne P)

I'm a newbie to BBC, but I do enjoy the format. I have learned a lot from reading the posts. I hope to be able to bring a little to the table.
    I was a certified Master Technician by OMC. I still own and work on 2 strokes for friends. (uh they don't pay much in dollars, but the bottles of beer and crown are good.)

15. Member
    Hey Keowee...Just got back from the dealer and finished up with all of the paperwork. I went with Color Option G. I have never really been a "Red Boat" kind of guy, but this one really popped when I saw it on the show room floor!! It was a single console, so I am have a 2nd console ordered (Team Partner might be upset on cold mornings...LOL). I have never ran anything but Rangers up until this point, but I am really excited to see what she can do.

OK Bass...That is great to hear about your buddies thoughts on the new FXR's! It was bitter sweet to say goodbye to the Ranger, but I have a feeling that I am going to be pleasantly surprised by the overall performance of this new boat...I will keep you guys posted.

16. Member
    Just took delivery yesterday of my new FXR21. Spent all day getting some break-in time on the show. All I can say... This ride lives up to the hype. The performance is incredible. Long time Ranger owner here and this is my first Skeeter in 15 years. Love the first impressions with this boat.