2019 Sportsman 1910 Ladder Mounting Help

Any ideas on how to mount a ladder on my boat? I have dual power poles and want to mount a ladder on back of transom on the port side. Pads on top of transom and transom don't seem strong enough to mount/hold ladder. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Member
    Is it for emergency use only or will it be getting regular use? If it was only for emergency use, I would think you would be able to mount it to the top with some backing plates. You do have an access port to that space underneath but the fuel port being on that side may complicate things a bit. I have the same setup as you but I haven't looked into doing that. Is there a particular product you had in mind?

3. Member
    Hi Tinny,
    Thanks for responding. Ladder would be for regular use and I am open to all ladder options. Either Fixed or telescoping, doesn't matter. I agree that backing plates will be required. Hoping that someone has done this already and could pass along some ideas.

4. Member
    Well good luck, hopefully someone will come along to offer you some good first-hand info. Let me know what you end up doing. I'd like to put one on for emergency use but I haven't researched it yet.

One suggestion in stead of a backing plate, you could use Riv-Nuts. I was going to use Riv-nuts on my RT 198P but there was not access to the back side.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

6. Member
    Thanks Bob. I don't know what Riv-Nuts are but I'll sure check them out.