Power-Pole Charge Installation Question

After reading the just the first part of the manual where in the heck are you supposed to mount the chatger. I have my current charge in my battery compartment where my batteries, gas tank, & oil tank are. See below for what it says in the manual & give me you opinions.

13. CHARGER LOCATION

1. Locate charger as far away from battery as DC cables permit.
    2. Never place charger directly above battery being charged; gases from battery will corrode and damage
      charger.
    3. Never allow battery acid to drip on charger when reading electrolyte specific gravity or filling battery.
    4. Do not operate charger in a closed-in area or restrict ventilation in any way.
    5. Do not set a battery on top of a charger.
    6. Do not mount the charger below the waterline of the boat or directly adjacent to the fuel tanks.
    7. Make sure that all DC output cords can reach the batteries and that the AC power cord can reach a
      power source. When using an extension cord, make sure the AC connection to the charger outside ofthe battery compartment is as far away as practical to reduce the risk of a spark igniting gases in thecompartment.
    8. Do not shorten the DC output cords, as this can affect charger output.
    9. If the DC output cords are not long enough, they may be lengthened by purchasing a JL Marine Cable
      Extension Kit and following instructions contained therein.
    10. Mount the CHARGETM with at least 2 inches of space around the top and bottom of unit for proper
      ventilation and cooling. While CHARGETM has safeguards to protect batteries and circuitry, proper
      ventilation will provide optimum performance.
    11. Keyhole slots are not to be used for installing CHARGETM.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    where the factory mounted your current charger will be just fine

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    where the factory mounted your current charger will be just fine
    Well that would put it where Power-Pole says not to mount it, (closed-in area or restrict ventilation in any way & directly adjacent to the fuel tanks)?

4. Member
    Other chargers have similar instructions. It’s CYA stuff. Mount it where your other charger was. I mounted mine in a fairly tight place.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmike View Post
    Other chargers have similar instructions. It’s CYA stuff. Mount it where your other charger was. I mounted mine in a fairly tight place.
    exactly.. your overthinking it, several pros have made install you tube videos recently Derek Hudnell and John Crews to name a couple, you will see installed same place factory chargers were.

6. Member
    I just installed mine tonight where the original charger was. Boat didn’t blow up, and it’s charging as it should.

thanks Kevin for getting me taken care of man!

7. Member
    Thanks Everyone.

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSU_Slants View Post
    I just installed mine tonight where the original charger was. Boat didn’t blow up, and it’s charging as it should.

thanks Kevin for getting me taken care of man!

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator