Thread: Solix waypoints

Solix waypoints

Something strange happened today. I dropped a couple of waypoints on some structure in the side imaging screen and it does not show up on the chart screen. I only have about 160 waypoints so it shouldn’t be full.Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Member
    Solix has 10,000 waypoints avaiable. Did you see the waypoints when you created them? Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Solix has 10,000 waypoints avaiable. Did you see the waypoints when you created them? Bob
    They only showed up on the side imaging window, not the chart.

4. Member
    I had side imaging and the chart split screened at the time I created the waypoints. They showed on the imaging window just like always, but never appeared on the chart window.

Quote Originally Posted by B Holmes View Post
    I had side imaging and the chart split screened at the time I created the waypoints. They showed on the imaging window just like always, but never appeared on the chart window.
    Did you check the waypoint library to see if they are there?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    I see them in the library but there seems to be no position. Distance reads nan ft. It shows correct depth, cursor depth, temp and altitude.

7. Member
    A buddy of mine had the same problem. See what group they are saved under(My Data etc.) and make sure that group is visible.
    Basscat Caracal
    Mercury 225 ProXS 2 stroke
    Mercury Fury 4 24P

8. Member
    I think you have something there Seth. There is a visibility option under the default settings. Your Navigation Data 112Change the Mark Mode for New Waypoints
    When you mark a waypoint, the control head assigns an alphanumeric name that can be edited from the Nav Data tool. Use these
    instructions to change how the control head marks a waypoint, allowing you to mark and edit waypoints as you go, or mark waypoints
    and edit them with your favorite settings.
    1. Under Options, select Waypoints.
    2. Select Mark Mode.
    Change Default Settings for New Waypoints
    Each time you mark a new waypoint, the control head will use the default settings to save the waypoint.
    1. Under Options, select Waypoints.
    2. Select Default Settings. You can change the default settings for the icon, color, and more. See the table Editing Options for
    Saved Waypoints or Default Settings in this section for details.
    Holmes, If that does not fix you up maybe reset to defaults and see how it works. Bob

Seth, strange how we both are awake this early and thinking about this! I am not usually up at 4:15 to get on BBC.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

9. Member
    Thanks guys. I will check it out and post what I find.

10. Member
    I checked everything that was mentioned and didn’t find a fix. They were saved to my data and it is visible.
    There was no positional data associated with the two waypoints that wouldn’t show up. I do know I had a gps signal at the time I dropped the waypoints as the map was also on screen and functioning correctly.
    While checking the settings, I did put a few waypoints in on the mapping screen and they worked correctly. So it seems that the problem only exists in the imaging screen, if that is possible.
    I will try dropping some more waypoints in side imaging tomorrow and see what happens. If it still does not work I will reset to defaults.

Bobcoy, I really appreciate the detailed response.
    As a fairly new user of Humminbird products ( 2 years ) I really want to THANK YOU and all of the others here that go above and beyond in helping others with their problems.

11. Member
    Update: Went out today dropped some waypoints in the side imaging screen and everything worked just as it should. Go figure! ��

My guess is you’ll start to see flakey things from your unit - screen pauses/lock ups, funky depth readings, etc. I believe there is an issue with the solix operating system that causes corrupt waypoints. When this happens, the unit starts acting flakey. I’ve found waypoints in Africa on my unit and waypoints with a depth over a million feet.

When things get weird I back up my data and do a nav reset then a factory restore. You May need to do this soon.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex