Question Dual Talons - Disconnect & Remotes programming question

I looked, but did not see this question answered, and could not find anything in manuals about it. Minn Kota suggest that Talon's be installed with a power disconnect for times not in use, such as over winter, etc. Do all the remotes (fobs and foot) have to be reprogrammed every time power is disconnected from the units?

Triton TR186DC / Mercury 175 Pro XS 4s Serial #3B043278 / Dual 12' Talons / Dual Solix 12" SI / Mega 360 / Garmin 1242xsv w/ LiveScope LVS34 / Motorguide TM / Bob’s 6" Hydraulic JP

I had my talon in for service for about a month. Just connected it back and all was well. no reprogramming needed.
    I do have a master disconnect switch that I turn off each time the boat is not in use. The only item wired directly to the battery is the automatic Bilge
    Float Switch.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

Once a remote is programmed it stays programmed to the Talon. I turn my disconnect off when not using my boat and my foot remote and lanyard remote always stay paired to my Talons. I have even changed the batteries in my remotes and they stayed paired so there is no need to worry about them losing connection. In the event they ever did lose their connection it would only take about 30 seconds to pair them again.

Regarding the disconnect...there is multiple reason why a person should use a disconnect. The main reason is so they do not get accidentally deployed when in use. Let's say your driving down the road and hit a bump and where you have your remotes stored something falls on it and hits the button twice (which is highly unlikely) but anyways they would deploy while going down the highway and that would be a bad thing. The other main reason is a lot of electronic devices have a very small parasitic amp draw even when the device is turned off. If you stored your boat a couple of months and there was a parasitic amp draw over a prolonged period of time you are draining your cranking battery.

If you look at the top of this forum in the sticky threads you will find one about wiring the disconnect and the alarm wire. If you have any questions just feel free to ask.

Thanks so much for your reply.... Glad to hear that they will retain the programming.

Triton TR186DC / Mercury 175 Pro XS 4s Serial #3B043278 / Dual 12' Talons / Dual Solix 12" SI / Mega 360 / Garmin 1242xsv w/ LiveScope LVS34 / Motorguide TM / Bob’s 6" Hydraulic JP

Gene, thank you for your reply.... Your not kidding about it being a really bad thing if they deployed going down the highway!