Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Hard to trash talk a team that has accomplished what they have over the last 15 years or so. If its truly over then they have still done aht no other team has ever accomplished. Nothing to be embarrassed about. The GOAT HC and QB accomplished a lot.
    Yep. I trash talked the Patriots once in a while but there's no denying they were one of the greatest organizations ever. I think it's safe to say we will never see another organization as dominant ever again. NFL structure and economics just won't allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by west texas luke View Post
    Yep. I trash talked the Patriots once in a while but there's no denying they were one of the greatest organizations ever. I think it's safe to say we will never see another organization as dominant ever again. NFL structure and economics just won't allow it.

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Only team in nfl history that owner,head coach, offensive coordinator,and qb been busted for cheating. Recently caught again. Knocks a bit of luster off doesn’t it?
    Nope

4. Member
    Mike Long accomplished a lot too.
    Sam

2022 Falcon F20 TE Hybrid - 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Not a pro - barely an average Joe!

Cant believe Brady is not given whatever he wants with the patriots. Wasnt like he just had a good year or 2

I just hope he does not go on a meat based bender.....

7. Member
    The worst part is all the bashers will have to talk about their crappie team now instead of bashing the Pats , on another note if the Pats land the right qb they can remain relevant.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

I hear Papa John's is hiring

9. Member
    I bet Belicheet has an extensive video library...will it go to the Hall of Fame when he retires?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    I bet Belicheet has an extensive video library...will it go to the Hall of Fame when he retires?
    When you do that much winning you are bound to have a lot of videos of highlights and trophy presentations.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    When you do that much winning you are bound to have a lot of videos of highlights and trophy presentations.
    ,and lots of whiney haters always trying to bring you down.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

Quote Originally Posted by west texas luke View Post
    If Brady winds up leaving (and that's a big if) I can see him landing in Las Vegas for a few years. I think him and Gruden would make a good match and the NFL as well as the media would love it.
    I was thinking that myself, assuming he leaves the Pats, and wants to spend his last year or two playing on the West Coast, Las Vegas is about the only place I could see him landing. Derek Carr has been a bust, bring in the GOAT QB and make a run at it.

13. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    Nah, they’ll continue to cheat, they’re unstoppable
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

14. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    Has anyone noticed that ALL the NFL play callers cover their mouths during the game when calling plays. Why do you people think that is? Bad breath maybe? No it's because the whole NFL is lookling for some kind of edge aka spying on the opposition during the game.

15. Member
    His skills have significantly declined. Manning got one last trophy after his arm went dead with a dominant defense and very good running offense. Don't think New England has the cap space or draft capital to build either one. They built their dynasty on key veterans who stayed/were attracted to the team as a chance to win a ring. That allure is gone (see KC, SF & Baltimore). He'll stick around one more year, but I'm afraid it will be ugly.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisMH&F View Post
    His skills have significantly declined. Manning got one last trophy after his arm went dead with a dominant defense and very good running offense. Don't think New England has the cap space or draft capital to build either one. They built their dynasty on key veterans who stayed/were attracted to the team as a chance to win a ring. That allure is gone (see KC, SF & Baltimore). He'll stick around one more year, but I'm afraid it will be ugly.
    Are you joking? Patriots had top rated defense almost identical to Broncos.

Only way brady stays is if billicheat retires and mccheater takes over. I think brady is smart enough to retire

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    It’s almost sad, though I’ve never been a Pats fan.
    Same boat. Always fun to measure up against them for 20 years. If Brady stays, I wouldn't be surprised to see if they win the Superbowl 2021. Nothing about them surprises me. Not sure who they have in mind to take his place.

18. Member
    He needs to retire . He is missing guys that are open and 2 years ago that never happened,. He use to be able to cover up lack of talent at receiver is what has been said but now all of a sudden his receivers are not good enough to get open. They were not open before but great passes cant be defended. Its time to move on . He was not that good last year either and the numbers back up that.Thats why Bill wanted to move on 2 years ago and Craft stepped in and stopped him and traded Jimmy g. And thats the move that ended their dynasty. They won in spite of him last year .

Quote Originally Posted by strokerxs View Post
    He needs to retire . He is missing guys that are open and 2 years ago that never happened,. He use to be able to cover up lack of talent at receiver is what has been said but now all of a sudden his receivers are not good enough to get open. They were not open before but great passes cant be defended. Its time to move on . He was not that good last year either and the numbers back up that.Thats why Bill wanted to move on 2 years ago and Craft stepped in and stopped him and traded Jimmy g. And thats the move that ended their dynasty. They won in spite of him last year .
    “They won in spite of him”. And to the OP, Al, I think you are a little premature on your belief that it is over. I know you lived through the years when the Patriots were awful (as I did), but you gotta have faith that they will square things away...they have earned it over the last 20 years.

20. Member
    Are you joking? Patriots had top rated defense almost identical to Broncos.
    I should know better than to respond to your drivel but I'll point out that those defensive stats were largely achieved against teams that weren't exactly offensive juggernauts. The D was adequate but not dominant this year. They work well together ("everyone do their job") but they don't have all-star pass rushers or run stoppers

Quote Originally Posted by strokerxs View Post
    IMO it was a much different offense this year. Through most of the Brady years esp. since breaking his leg they used Welker, Gronk, Amendola, Hogan, Edelman, etc. to give teams a steady diet of quick slants. If the D came up to stop those, Brady could go deep to Moss, Dorsett, etc. With the failed Josh Gordan and Antonio Brown experiments the deep threats aren't really there. Nor are they deep in the slot receiver category. That really wasn't a big part of the offense at all. Bring more pass rushers and Brady doesn't have time for his receivers to get open. Against the Titans I wondered if he went deep a couple of times not for a big gain but just trying to keep the safety and DB's honest

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast