Any Dobyns Sierra drop shot rod owners?

Might be able to get a good deal...pros/cons guys?

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

2. Member
    I have the older savvy rods. Both 692 and 702. Love the 702.

3. Member
    I didn't know that there was a sierra dropshot rod. There are several models they have that can be good dropshot rods depending on what you are looking for.

4. Member
    I would spend the extra money and get a champion. Just my opinion after using both.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos18xl View Post
    I would spend the extra money and get a champion. Just my opinion after using both.
    for less money, Id go with a St Croix Avid X 6'9"MLXF

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarKraft195 View Post
    for less money, Id go with a St Croix Avid X 6'9"MLXF
    x2, or if you're married to dobyns go with the champ.

7. Member
    I picked up a 703 Sierra spinning rod last year just to try. I have a DX 703 and a older regular Champion that I bought before the XP series came out. After fishing it a little I honestly couldn't see a lot of difference in the original Champion 703 and the Sierra model. I've caught a few fish on it and actually like it. Now, I would rather have a XP Champion but it's also more money. Hoping they have a booth at the Classic this year with some good deals. I may upgrade all my older Champions for the Xp series.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g2072 View Post
    I picked up a 703 Sierra spinning rod last year just to try. I have a DX 703 and a older regular Champion that I bought before the XP series came out. After fishing it a little I honestly couldn't see a lot of difference in the original Champion 703 and the Sierra model. I've caught a few fish on it and actually like it. Now, I would rather have a XP Champion but it's also more money. Hoping they have a booth at the Classic this year with some good deals. I may upgrade all my older Champions for the Xp series.
    X2. I think the sierra is the best value of the dobyn's lineup. I bought a 702 and a 692 for my boys and I really enjoy fishing them even though I have hps, nrx's and mb destroyers.

9. Member
    Dobyns will have a booth at the Classic this year, as they have for the last few years.