New 150 4 stroke

Anyone in the southeast purchased a new 150 hp 4 stroke lately? If so, how much was it and where did you get it. Called 2 well known dealers for a quote and no call back from either. Would appreciate some info.

I would call Don Weed first!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    I would call Don Weed first!
    Thanks, sent them an email. Anybody with a cost of a new one?

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You're going to need to get the quote from a dealer that will physically be selling and installing/rigging the engine to the boat for you. This normally involves personal inspection of the boat to determine exactly what rigging will be required, though in this case you have sent a couple of pictures, which I will be working from to try and assist you.

Should have you something back soon.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    In March 2018 I purchased my 2018 150 ProXS from Jaco Marine in Tenn. for just under $11,000. They were the lowest price I found at that time. It cost $200.00 to have it sent to a dealer in Theodosia, Mo. Most dealers I called at the time were asking $12,000 - $13,000 or so for the regular Merc 150 4 stroke. Didn't have internet down there so didn't think to call Don Weed.
    2000 TR186
    2018 150 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    6in jack plate-24" Fury3

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitriton View Post
    In March 2018 I purchased my 2018 150 ProXS from <Not a Sponsor> in Tenn. for just under $11,000. They were the lowest price I found at that time. It cost $200.00 to have it sent to a dealer in Theodosia, Mo. Most dealers I called at the time were asking $12,000 - $13,000 or so for the regular Merc 150 4 stroke. Didn't have internet down there so didn't think to call Don Weed.
    This will be coming to a halt soon due to Mercury's MAP (Minimum Pricing) program, and strict requirements that the SELLING dealer register the engine AND perform a PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Check out some of the CPO Mercury 150s <See Announcements>, I have not heard anything bad about CPO except they only come with a one year warranty which can be upgraded to three and would still be a lot less than non CPO 150.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 01-25-2020 at 12:30 PM. Reason: See Announcements