Issues With The 250hp Pro Xs

I’ve been wanting to repower to the new four stroke since it came out. My 250 two stroke has warranty till 2023 and now that Mercury is offering extended warranty on the new four stroke I’m really thinking about making the switch. My two stroke has been good I have only had to replace a couple fuel diaphragms. Now that the four stroke has been out for a little bit is there any issues with them to be aware of before purchasing? I haven’t seen anything but wanted to here it from owners.
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

Great engine. I replaced my alternator with a fluke issue but other than that I know 5 friends that have put 700+ hours between us with no issues. Excellent choice
    Ryan Bauman 2022 Ranger 520R 250 Mercury ProXS Fourstroke

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Only minor items that I've seen- most of which are corrected quite simply.

Keep in mind- the current 3+2 Program is NOT FOR ADDITIONAL WARRANTY. "Warranty" is actually the full-coverage term that the engine comes with (in this case, 3 Years).

You are then receiving a 2-Year GOLD Product Protection Plan (which covers essentially the Major Mechanical Assemblies Only). Upgrades to that coverage (to Platinum) and up to 3 additional years are often available (give us a holler when you do make the switch, we will be glad to give you a BBC Member Special Price on Platinum Product Protection).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Awesome will do, thanks for the feedback on the new Merc.
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Only minor items that I've seen- most of which are corrected quite simply.

Keep in mind- the current 3+2 Program is NOT FOR ADDITIONAL WARRANTY. "Warranty" is actually the full-coverage term that the engine comes with (in this case, 3 Years).

You are then receiving a 2-Year GOLD Product Protection Plan (which covers essentially the Major Mechanical Assemblies Only). Upgrades to that coverage (to Platinum) and up to 3 additional years are often available (give us a holler when you do make the switch, we will be glad to give you a BBC Member Special Price on Platinum Product Protection).
    Well isn't that sneaky.. I just put a deposit on a new 250 Pro xs today and thought the warranty was the Platinum.. Do I call European marine for a BBC quote??

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You can email me (we provide quotes in writing (only)).

As stated above, even "Platinum" is NOT "Warranty". It is a Product Protection Plan (Service Contract).

Be glad to assist you with a quote (best time is right after engine is registered).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor