Setup For A 495 Charger

Morning,

I have a friend who recently bought a 495 Charger and outfitted it with a 2015 250 ProXS and is currently running a 26 Fury which is what came with the motor mounted to a 6" manual jackplate.

His last boat was a 196 Triton so we have no real idea what the setup should be on this boat. Looking for advise on where he should be P2P and if the 26 Fury is a good prop for him, I don't have RPM numbers currently but he is currently about 2.5" P2P and says it feels slow. Not familiar with the Charger line so not sure if the 26 is a good fit and I think the Fury should be running lower.

He's not much for web forums so I'm trying to help him get dialed in...
    2009 Triton 20X3
    Mercury 250 ProXS

"Can't" means "don't want to"

2. Banned
    Start at 3-1/2" p2p come up 1/4" per run till you lose water pressure or speed than drop it back down to previous setting. Make sure to have the boat loaded while setting up. If you set it up light it will fall on it face with any weight. Set up heavy and it will only get better.

I ran a Trophy+ on my Charger dial in the hole shot with the vent holes and let it eat. Need to get WOT rpms within 50-100 of motors max rpms.

3. Pat Goff
    Chargers are typically lift challenged. You're going to need to bury that prop to get it to work right.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

Thanks for the replies, I figured he needed to go lower on the prop.
    Is the 26 Fury too much for that boat or is it ok? I know on my hull the 26 Fury is a little too much but the 26 Tempest+ is perfect.
    2009 Triton 20X3
    Mercury 250 ProXS

"Can't" means "don't want to"

5. Banned
    Not if he can turn it within 50-100 max rpms for his motor. What's his WOT rpms?

I've had two Chargers first one was over rated had Yamaha m prop great all around prop and Yamaha 5 blade to pull tubes/skiers with.

Second ran a Trophy+ good prop with good lift left a couple mph behind in exchange for all around handling.
    Last edited by jarhead175; 01-08-2020 at 03:30 PM.

6. Member
    Might try posting this question in the CHARGER BOATS FORUM, LOTS OF GUYS HAVE KNOWLEDGE WITH SET UP IN THERE. A FEW WORK AT THE FACTORY ALSO.

26 fury is to much for that boat, 23 or 24 Fury, I like Fury props but not on that rig. I would start with a 24 or 25 tempest or consider a Bravo
    Thank You Leon Pugh

8. Member
    "PM goff sually nails it,, knows his stuff. Drop down to the Charger board or PM "touch of class". He's the guy to ask

25 Tempest was the best wheel on my 496