Places to stay at Pickwick

I am looking for information on places to stay on Pickwick Lake. I have herd that JP Coleman State Park and/or Pickwick Landing State Park are both good places to stay, but I cannot seem to find many details on JP Coleman. Pickwick Landing State Park has a little better information and photos available. I am looking at coming towards the end of May, after Memorial day and staying through the first week of June. Can any of you provide better details about either of these two locations? Will have at least one truck/boat trailer. Pros/Cons with either is greatly appreciated.

Matt

Pickwick landing has a campground, cabins, and hotel. They are all clean and decent for the pric. JP coleman is in Mississippi. I think there is a hotel there. It is more central to the lake so more options fishing from there versus pickwick landing. If you have a big group I would look for a house to rent in the yellow creek area that time of the year.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

3. Member
    Pickwick is undergoing a renovation......not sure how long it is going to take, but just wanted you to be aware

4. BBC SPONSOR
    I've stayed at JP Coleman many times since 2005. Hotel on the water,9 or 10 double cabins just up from the hotel. Camping further back. No restaurant but the rooms have stoves and fridges. I'm hoping to go back this year
    www.bassboatelectronics.com

2008 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Merc 250 Pro XS

Knoxville, TN

5. Member
    We stayed at JP Coleman and thought it was great.
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

6. Member
    I've stayed at Little Andy's several times at Counce by the dam. Nothing fancy but the cabins are clean and they also have one or two with carports.
    GETFISHED !!!

7. Member
    Thanks to all, we ended up booking at JP Coleman.