Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida

Low voltage alarm?

SN 1E080631

I’ve been getting a low voltage alarm. I started with an Optima blue top battery. Figuring it was battery I replaced it with the much bigger X2 Power with 1370 MCAs, 1150 CCA.

Both batteries reads 13 Volts after disconnecting stealth charger before leaving for fishing.

the last trip with the Optima I cranked up and ran for about 15 miles with no alarm. Fished for about an hour (only HDS 7 on ). Moved to next spot and I get the alarm. Only once and ran fine rest of day.

The last trip with X2 cranked up ran about 5 and get low voltage alarm. Received alarm 2 or 3 more times. (Same HDS7 only )

Every time I’ve checked voltage on the MercMonitor it’s reading just over 14volts with motor running

The motor has been running each time the alarm is received

Any suggestions?

Is the alarm from the HDS or the smartcraft/engine alarm
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    I’m thinking it’s from the HDS.

I have vessel view link and get engine alarms on the HDS also.

4. Member
    I think what lpugh meant is the alarm only displayed/sounded from the hds 7 or is it displayed/sounded on merc smartcraft devices also.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    May simply be a connection in the power circuit for the HDS unit. Do you hear the ENGINE warning horn when this occurs (or are you hearing the Graph's warning chime)?

Just to rule out any potential problems- I would recommend pulling the Stealth Charger offline (engine and accessories ONLY on the cranking battery- engine connected DIRECTLY TO the cranking battery, with no switches inline).

See if the problem persists... if not, you've narrowed it down to one of two components.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Spider, you need to run your HDS power straight to whichever battery you use. Not via or with any other system(s) or switches. It's own inline fuse is sufficient. Don't run it to your main fuse block. Its's a common issue (I know).
    MY Engine Serial Number : 2B411498

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moymurfs View Post
    Spider, you need to run your HDS power straight to whichever battery you use. Not via or with any other system(s) or switches. It's own inline fuse is sufficient. Don't run it to your main fuse block. Its's a common issue (I know).
    Thanks

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moymurfs View Post
    Thanks