Im about to pull the trigger ?

After years of debating and wondering whether or not to get one, then going from big to small,travel trailer to fifth wheel,then going thru it all over again, we finally are going to pull the trigger on a Grand Design 315RLTS. Now I’m scared as heck. Am I making the right decision? It’s a 2018 slightly used one. Good price and I’m getting a 5year extended warranty.

As long as when you pull that trigger you don't shoot yourself in the foot, then go for it !! Just consider how much you are REALLY gonna use it and can you afford the monthly payment and insurance. I've seen too many people buy one, use the heck out of it the first couple years, then less, and less each year !! BUT, the payment and insurance goes on and on. We have a 39 foot Class A and we're on the road about every 5-6 weeks and usually a 3-5 week trip across country every other summer, so, yes we use ours. Good luck with your new toy and GO ENJOY !!!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    As long as when you pull that trigger you don't shoot yourself in the foot, then go for it !! Just consider how much you are REALLY gonna use it and can you afford the monthly payment and insurance. I've seen too many people buy one, use the heck out of it the first couple years, then less, and less each year !! BUT, the payment and insurance goes on and on. We have a 39 foot Class A and we're on the road about every 5-6 weeks and usually a 3-5 week trip across country every other summer, so, yes we use ours. Good luck with your new toy and GO ENJOY !!!
    +1 It's very much like a boat, its very much worth it if it's used.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

4. Member
    Congrats on your Grand Design. There are several Facebook pages that have Grand Design owners as members. Some are model specific and some are GD in general. We have the 29RS so i read this model's Facebook page. Lots of great info especially when something goes wrong. Lots of help for minor repairs. Beware of the extended warranty. Lots of folks have complained on the numerous problems the warranty doesn't cover. Best of luck.

5. Member
    Congratulations and welcome to the Winnebago family. A great site to join is IRV2, just a wealth of info from everyone on there.
    2018 AlumaCraft Competitor 185cs, 2018 Yamaha F150XB w/2019 Yamaha T9.9 kicker w/Trollsmarter
    Heritage Custom Trailer w/Torsion axle / Vault Hubs
    Terrova 80# 24v I-Pilot, GARMIN 126sv
    Towed by: 2018 Chevy Colorado V6 Crew Cab 4x4 Long bed or 2016 Winnebago 38Q

Gun was loaded but I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. I called the dealer to ask a few weight questions and the girl FINALLY called back after I left a few messages. I told my wife that I understand that they get busy and all, but come on a day or two and then she finally called back. I told my wife,if they’re that bad about handling business and questions now, just wait til we pull off the lot. While I was waiting on her to call, I found a couple of other ones to look at. I’m glad I took a step back and decided to wait. Customer service means a lot to us, and this sales lady just doesn’t seem to know to much about anything. I’m not getting into any hurry. I’ve waited this long, I can wait a little while longer.

Not sure from your original post whether or not you have owned an RV before but there is a service option here besides the dealer on most brands. Andy's RV just over the 65 river bridge at the Priceville exit can do warranty work on most brands. I have had all my warranty work done there and I have a Forrest River rig. They do not sell RV's just service so you might want to stop by and check them out before you buy to see if they can cover your warranty work that way you have another source for service besides the dealer that sells it to you.

8. Member
    Be patient, then go for it when you find the one you all like!

9. Member
    I live full time in a 5th wheel and it was between the one I bought and a grand design solitude S I like mine but do believe the GD is the better built unit. There are others I believe are better than GD but those are over 100k. Good luck deciding. Just make sure you pick one on your own and not someone else's word. Or you may always question why you did not trust your gut or you might always question your decision.
    SEAGUAR