1/32 jig hook size

What size hook you guys using for 1/32 jigs when using baits like Bobby Garland baby shads or any 2” plastic. Do you usually fish these with minnows or by themselves

2. Member
    Id prefer #1 but thinking #2 would be about as small as you would want to go. #4 hook wouldn't have much bite area exposed.

3. Member
    Thanks. Jigs I have poured in past have #4 but thinking I might need try some #2.

I regularly catch 2lb crappie with #4 hooks. Just make sure they are of high quality. Black nickle Mustad skipjacks or round bend. Stay away from Eagle Claw hooks.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

5. Member
    What he said ^
    #4 for me. I like the Bobby G 1.5” on my jig with a crappie nibble slipped over the hook barb.
    Will fish a minnow off of the same jig. Just tie jig on with a loop knot, lip hook the minnow.
    if water colder than about 45* and fishing deep, I like the put the BG on jig and tip with minnow. = best of both worlds
    2019 Ranger rt188c
    115 pro xs ct
    Ulterra 24v ipilot link
    bird helix 9 gen2 mega console
    bird helix 10 gen3 mega bow
    spyderlok r100 rod holders
    spyderlok r300 transport

6. Member
    I actually like a no 6 sickle hooks for Crappies even on my 1/32 ounce jigs. Better hook up and hook removal, plastics are easier to rig straight, I do not use any thing smaller.

7. Member
    Thanks guys. Prolly just go with a mustad #4. That #6 is pretty small.

8. Member
    I go no smaller than #4 sickle (EC Lil Nasty at present) regardless of size head. Have no problem with a #3 of #2.

9. Member
    Size 6, it's small but really works.

10. Member
    Thanks for all the good info. I bought #6 hooks but man those suckers are small.Might go ahead and order some #4 and pour a few of the 6’s and give them a try.