Thread: Bravo 1 prop?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bravo 1 prop?

I found bravo 1 prop on Facebook serial number is 48-831910, question is can this prop work good for my mercury verado 250hp and ranger z21 2005. And I never see bravo 1 without vent holes. Thank you in advance

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That would be the Part Number (831910). This is the original (Offshore) Bravo-1 as best I can tell.

I personally would use a Bravo-1 FS for that engine.

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thank you EuropeanAM

Had the same boat and engine combo. Worked with a lot of props and found the Bravo 1 FS 23 pitch was a perfect prop all around. Top speed was 68 full of gas and fishing gear and one person in boat. It would slow a little depending on passenger weight.
    05 Z21 Ranger Mercury 250 Verado
    13 Z520C Ranger Mercury 250 Pro Verado

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TTodd View Post
    Had the same boat and engine combo. Worked with a lot of props and found the Bravo 1 FS 23 pitch was a perfect prop all around. Top speed was 68 full of gas and fishing gear and one person in boat. It would slow a little depending on passenger weight.
    Thank you very much, what you think bravo 1 26p is big, I already buy two days ago? Also I have 25p tempest plus is not bad.

You have bought it and I would try it but I think you will not have the RPM you need with that pitch and the hole shot will suffer. Would like to hear the results either way.

Whats the difference between the Bravo 1 props vs the tempest or fury props?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

The barrel of the prop is shorter and works better for the verados.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    It's original casting was also an offshore prop, designed and intended for durability in rough conditions, often with high-horsepower.

The FS and XS versions are well-suited for the Fishing-Boat market.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

So would the Bravo 1 fs prop be a good candidate for a bass boat with a 200 pro xs 4 stroke or dont even bother? Sorry not trying to hijack you can move this or i can start a new one if you want just trying to learn about these prop options for these bigger motors.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yes... the Bravo-1 FS is certainly a candidate for many boats (it and the Fury are my two preferred choices for V6/V8 Fourstrokes in a Fishing Application).

Thanks Don. I have one lined out to try out.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

On my boat when I went to the V8 I actually had to remove some PvS plugs to gain more venting for best holeshot...
    I now have 6 wide open holes and 2 medium plugs

on my optimax I was running 4 wide open, 2 medium and 2 closed

same boat, just did a repower
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by low slung cruiser View Post
    On my boat when I went to the V8 I actually had to remove some PvS plugs to gain more venting for best holeshot...
    I now have 6 wide open holes and 2 medium plugs

on my optimax I was running 4 wide open, 2 medium and 2 closed

same boat, just did a repower
    Thanks for sharing that- perfect example of why PVS openings can be completely different from one boat to the next. The "correct" combination is the one that provides YOUR rig with the holeshot that makes YOU smile.

Tried the Bravo 1 fs today and loved it. What a strong performing prop but it was too low in pitch so a 23p is on the way.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

16. Member
    You have bought it and I would try it but I think you will not have the RPM you need with that pitch and the hole shot will suffer. Would like to hear the results either way.
    Thank you TTodd, I can't wait till spring to try bravo one, and for sure I gone posted all my numbers and performance after first trip on the lake. I am 30min. from lake St. Clair if you have time come over in Spring and we can catch ton of smallmouth bass!

17. Member
    I got some good weather in Michigan to test new Mercury Bravo 1 prop and I got this numbers:
    two peoples (=520pounds), light fishing gears, 3 batteries 31 series, empty Livewell and 20 gallons gas
    Mercury verado 250hp 2005, ranger z21 duble consol, Detwiler 6inch jack plate
    prop bravo 1 26p
    max rpm 5300
    max speed 63mph
    jack plate on number 6
    Holeshot is very good, lifting bow is good and very stable

Next time I gone test mercury tempest plus 25p

What you guys think, need going lower pitch and what kind of propeller( tempest plus, fury, bravo 1, revolution 4...?

18. Member
    I think TTodd hit it for you if you use a Bravo 1 FS. 5300 RPM is way too low. A Tempest is a good prop IMO, but does not like a lot of height, your slip numbers might go up. That 25P will most likely be too big still.
    Ches.
    2013 Lund 2010 Pro Guide, 150 Verado SN:2B024387
    2X Helix 12's Mega G2N's, Lvl. 2 Merc Monitor

19. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You reading these RPM's from a Smartcraft Instrument?

That engine needs to be up in the 6000-6150 range....

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    You reading these RPM's from a Smartcraft Instrument?

That engine needs to be up in the 6000-6150 range....
    Yes I reading RPM on my mercury Smartcraft instrument, I know verado RPM is 6000-6150. I need to go down pitch but I don't know sure how much?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast