2019 FX21LE - Transducer Questions

Greetings,
    Well I have bit the bullet and bought a new 2019 FX21LE last month. So I have a few questions
    about the problems I am having. Now I know I'm a rookie with the new Hummingbird Solix considering
    my last bird was a 3D. But I have and still am reading the factory manual! (yawn) I really like the boat,
    great hole shot with the Yamaha 250 and the ride was great. Now I only had the console bird installed
    for my test run. Sitting there and at low speed the standard sonar graph was fine, when I took off the
    screen went black when I got above 1/3 throttle. So here is question 1. Does Skeeter rig this boat out
    with a chirp or high speed thru hull transducer? A trip to the boat shop drew a deep non committal stare
    when I asked that question. One of the guys jumped in a new 2020 FXR and found one in the battery/bilge
    compartment. But I once again got that blank stare when I asked about my 2019 fx le. So I read many articles
    here and all over the net and came up with zilch, so with my new info in hand I bought the lake master plus I pilot
    map chip. Found the required 100 Ms write speed SD Card 32 gig and downloaded the update.
    So on new years eve, I yanked the cover off installed both units and found my unit was at 3.360 and couldn't be
    updated until I get it to 3.500. My call to hummingbird was answered by a machine saying see ya Thursday.
    E-Mailed HB to get the updates I hope, no answer so far. Question 2. Does anyone know where to get the updates
    on the net other than HB. Their site only lists the current version update 3.640. Can someone help a rookie out?

2. Member
    They will email you the update been going through the same thing, once you upload 3.5, get on the website and update with3.64

3. Member
    Also I’m having some 2d issues which is effecting everything else, talking to HB today they asked me to bypass the Y cord for a quick test and see if that fixes my problem, which would mean the thru Hull transducer went out.

P.S. i got the same exact boat and love it

4. Member
    Thanks JPaul, I want to send out a big ATTABOY to Skeeter, Zach returned my call 24 hrs later! Nothing like customer service.
    Zach provided me the answer to question #1. All FX 21 LE Skeeter boats and the FX series do have install at the factory,
    Shoot Thru Hull transducers. They are all installed to the infamous Y cable and ran to the ethernet switch.
    Zach suggested insuring that the setup was comleted properly. That means getting into the entire setup of the HB Solix.
    He said that 90% of the problems were setup with the 2d and side imaging and down imaging had to be configured especially
    for the helm unit. So some of the failures are do to the Y cable. I was cautioned by one of the mechanics at the shop to be
    extra careful when fooling with the y cable connector. It seems they have catch installed that makes them tough to unplug.
    I was told to NOT pull on the wires on either side of the connection, stay on the plastic. A small pair of pliers is supposed to help.
    I haven't looked at mine yet, waiting on HB to contact me. 3 days and counting! Trying to get the updates straight and the configuration
    right before water test.

5. Member
    So yesterday while home sick i went out to mine and unhooked the Y cable and plugged the SI cable directly into the unit, I received a temp reading immediately. I have a friend that had Solix since they came out and he had had 2d transducers go out on him. HB replaced both, i won’t get to test at the lake till tomorrow

6. Member
    So yesterday while home sick i went out to mine and unhooked the Y cable and plugged the SI cable directly into the unit, I received a temp reading immediately. I have a friend that had Solix since they came out and he had had 2d transducers go out on him. HB replaced both, i won’t get to test at the lake till tomorrow

So your Y cable is bad? Did you plug in the 2d? Also, HB did get me the updates, (Thank You very much!)
    so hopefully warm enough to tomorrow to do the updates and the config.

7. Member
    Unhooking the Y cable was the fix, so i need a new 2d thru Hull transducer

8. Member
    Got thru my updates JPaul, thanks to Wayne P.
    Read my post in the HB section. The solix found all the transducers and Ultex and setup the network.
    I Just need to fine tune it on the water now. When I get a day that the wind isn't blowin 20 to 35 mph.