Painting options for jig heads

In the past I have bought unpainted jig heads and dipped them in powder paint. For those who pour and/or paint heads with a screw lock, will powder work or does it cause trouble loading up on the cork screw?

Thanks in advance
    2015 Phoenix 819

2. Member
    No problems for me. I set up my heat gun, hold the jig head in a pair of pliers in one hand and a big screwdriver in the other. Heat the head, dip it in the powder and then real quick whack the pliers with the screw driver. No powder clumps and most of the time I have an open eye.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    No problems for me. I set up my heat gun, hold the jig head in a pair of pliers in one hand and a big screwdriver in the other. Heat the head, dip it in the powder and then real quick whack the pliers with the screw driver. No powder clumps and most of the time I have an open eye.
    Thanks Mike!
    2015 Phoenix 819

Before you cure in the oven the paint on the screw loc should chip off with minimal effort. One trick I use is to take play doh and cover the screw loc with it. Not much, just enough to cover. Then heat up the head and paint like normal. After it cools a bit that play doh will crumble right off and you have a 100% paint free screw loc.
    LET'S GO BLUES!!! WILL WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IN 2024?