P-Line CX Premium Line

Has anyone been using this lately/currently? I saw that line had knot breaking issues and line breaking when casting. Has anyone that uses this line had issues?? I am thinking about trying it again, I had knot issues on the last spool I bought?

usmc03

2. Member
    I tried it back in the summer & didn't like it, but then i like cxx xtra strong too so i know it's not going to compare to it.
    Last edited by Les Young; 01-04-2020 at 10:40 AM.

I've used it for years. Have had a couple of bad spools over the years, but 99 % were perfect. Great line, especially to use on spinning reels. 10 and 12 lbs. test works fine on smaller spinning reels.

Line doesn't break on hooksets or around cover. I fish a lot of junk on the Upper Chesapeake tidal waters, Potomac, etc and never have problems horsing bigger 4 - 5 pound bass out of the junk.

4. Member
    [QUOTE

Line doesn't break on hooksets or around cover.[/QUOTE] How about in rock? I fish rock & it broke easy for me in 20lb. test. Wondering if i got a bad spool myself?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    [QUOTE

Line doesn't break on hooksets or around cover.
    How about in rock? I fish rock & it broke easy for me in 20lb. test. Wondering if i got a bad spool myself?[/QUOTE]

any line regardless of brand will have trouble on rock if nicked up enough.

Possible bad spool but , if you're fishing around heavy cover use CXX.

Or cracked line guide, typically the tip-top. I think I've replaced 2 or 3 tip-tops in 30 years.

CXX is great on a baitcaster, if you want a copolymer line. McCoy's is more supple than CX, for spinning reels.
    Last edited by Walkabout7781; 01-05-2020 at 11:29 PM.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

8. Member
    Guys i know any will break in rock, but it seemed very easy to do. It done it easily enough that i replaced it before the next trip & went back to cxx xtra strong. No cracked guides either. Thanks

Les Young;10760417

[/QUOTE] How about in rock? I fish rock & it broke easy for me in 20lb. test. Wondering if i got a bad spool myself?[/QUOTE]

I've used CX premium, for years and have never had problems with it breaking, other than the rare bad spool. I use 10 - 12 on spinning gear.

15 Lb. on Jigs around rip rap and not had any problems with the line breaking.

I've tried all of the Co Poly lines and found CX Premium and Hi Seas Co Poly to be the best of them over the years.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASSCAT7 View Post
    Les Young;10760417
    How about in rock? I fish rock & it broke easy for me in 20lb. test. Wondering if i got a bad spool myself?[/QUOTE]

I've used CX premium, for years and have never had problems with it breaking, other than the rare bad spool. I use 10 - 12 on spinning gear.

15 Lb. on Jigs around rip rap and not had any problems with the line breaking.

I've tried all of the Co Poly lines and found CX Premium and Hi Seas Co Poly to be the best of them over the years.[/QUOTE] Glad you mentioned high seas because i ordered a 1lb. spool of grand slam select the other day in 20lb. test.

11. Member
    Thanks for all the input guys, I guess I will stay with McCoy's and Ande for cranking line.