Thread: Z7 question

Z7 question

Hello All, I am looking at a 2013 Z7 that has dual 8' power poles and a 150 ProXS. Do any of you that have the Z7 run dual PP's ? How does it effect your hole shot?

Thanks

2. Member
    I have dual 10's with a 175 on my Z7. I'm sure it affects my hole shot, but they've been on there since I purchased the boat so I have no way to compare. I have quick connects and hinges on my poles in the event I ever want to take them off. If you don't like the PPs, you can take them off to compare. If the boat is what you are wanting, I wouldn't let the poles dissuade you from your decision.

3. Member
    Thanks remaly181. I like the poles, just wondered if it caused a problem.

4. Member
    I will add, I have a hydraulic plate so I lower it on take off then raise it when getting to speed. Also, I don't think there is much of a torque difference between the 150 and 175, so we are basically comparing apples to apples depending on load.

I have a single Talon on my Z7. Did not notice any difference in my hole shot after installing it.

6. Member
    I have dual 12ft talons, but I have the 175 on mine. I noticed a very small difference when I put the talons on.

7. Member
    The only difference I have noticed since I added poles is fully loaded in a tournament with my son and full livewells took a couple of seconds longer. Other than that never lost anything else. When I’m by myself never missed a thing on top end
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

I have an 11 Z7 with a 200 ProXS and run an 8"jackplate with dual Powerpoles. They do affect top end speed a bit but not enought that I would give them up.
    Always "Huntin" the IA Bass!

Boat: Nitro Z7
    Primary Propulsion Unit: 200 Optimax ProXS
    Vertical Depth Propulsion Adjustment: 8" Bobs Action Jack
    Underwater Surveillance: Solix10 G2 Console & Solix10 G1 Bow
    Anchoring: Powerpole, Ultrex Spot Lock
    Dynamic Positioning System: Ultrex i-pilot Link

9. Member
    I have a 2015 with dual 8’ PP and the 175, the biggest difference overall is when the livewell is full. When I added mine my top end didn’t change and hole shot was minimally affected, however once the livewell is full it’s a dog. I am at 4300 above sea level at nearly every lake I fish though.

10. Member
    Thanks all. I bought the boat.Sold my little ranger in 2 days( got really lucky) and pick the Z7 up in beginning of next month. Pretty pumped for the ice to melt!

11. Member
    Way to go!