Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Banned
    My son got his second deer this past year. Last year he killed a 10 point for his first one and this year he got a 9 point. He is 9 years old and my best buddy. I eat my tags but that fine if I don't ever kill another one as long as I can keep him into hunting and fishing I will be fine. IMG_3793.JPG 4.jpg

Not good, ended the season without putting meat in the freezer. Had a small 6 pointer in my crosshairs on Dec 31st but couldn't take the shot. He passed through behind a thicker section of oak saplings and never had a clear shot. That was the only one I saw all of rifle season too. Only had deer show up on the trail cam in one spot, but at least we have an idea of where they're coming from and the times they're coming through out property now. This is also the first year my family and I have gotten back into it with any degree of seriousness and the property hasn't been managed like it should have been the last 3-4 years, so getting back into good management practices should help things for next year. The hunting there has been going down hill for many years now between development and different areas having timber cut. That more or less led to the hiatus and I don't have free access to the equipment or the time to take on more of the land management on my own. Coyotes are getting worse around there too. Definitely looking forward to next year though.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    My son got his second deer this past year. Last year he killed a 10 point for his first one and this year he got a 9 point. He is 9 years old and my best buddy. I eat my tags but that fine if I don't ever kill another one as long as I can keep him into hunting and fishing I will be fine. IMG_3793.JPG 4.jpg
    Congrats man.....its fun seeing my 11yr old getting all jacked up when he knows were going out.

Haven't been in years but took up an invite to go to upstate NY to hunt a buddys property and got my first real nice buck...

5. Member
    Shot a doe and a 7 pointer

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Pics please!
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

7. Member
    Shot this one with my bow in Kentucky. Didn't get a pic with it for some dumb reason.
    2019 KY Bow.jpg

NC Gun Kill
    2019 Gun.jpg

8. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar

Mine and my son's bow kills.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Mine was successful.. Nothing overly huge by y'all's standards..2 bucks over 4.5.. One of which just didn't amount to much.. a 7 and then a 9 that I looked for all year.. Missed one day and got another shot at and decided to make an all day affair out of the track.. Decent buck... But I was the only one in my place that killed anything...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234