oil check on verado

hey guys 2018 250 pro verado 2b478760 just changed the oil and filter put in 7.2 quarts started it up let it run for a few till reached 130 then checked dipstick
    nothing shows on the dipstick,. I know it has oil put it in myself did i miss something???? Thanks for the help Perry

Just new and really clean so hard to see?
    2B576211

3. Member
    Did you trim the motor up for few minutes and then trim it back down to check the level?

The oil takes time to drain out of the filter plus some is in the sump. Especially difficult when the oil is not up to "oil" operating temps. Tilt up for awhile and then back down. Wait, wait, wait. Recheck

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    As suggested above (and shown in the owner's manual), you do need to trim the engine up to about 25 degrees, and wait a few minutes for the oil to return back to the sump.

Drop the engine back to "level" trim, and wait at least 1 minute before checking oil.

CORRECT level is at 1/4 of the safe zone(make sure you don't get the level at or above 1/2 of the safe zone).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    i got it now screw up on me didnt put enough oil in to check the stick realized and added correct amount and it is just below the 1/2 mark in the safe zone Thanks Guys