Couple of questions

I got 2 of the BPS Helix 10s g2s. Does putting unit on standby stop sonar as well as screen or just kill the screen?

And the “for fun”” blonde question—
    The boat icon on my old 998 was kind of wide compared to the length. The icon on the new helix is narrower and closer to the actual shape of my boat. But the helix icon has the red and green bow navigation lights on all the time whether I actually have mine on or off. Is there a way to turn them off to save battery power?

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself!

'91 Skeeter 200SX Yamaha 200.
    It's hard to stumble when you're on your knees.

It stops the sonar from pinging and turns the backlighting off.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoogieChunker View Post
    I got 2 of the BPS Helix 10s g2s. Does putting unit on standby stop sonar as well as screen or just kill the screen?

And the “for fun”” blonde question—
    The boat icon on my old 998 was kind of wide compared to the length. The icon on the new helix is narrower and closer to the actual shape of my boat. But the helix icon has the red and green bow navigation lights on all the time whether I actually have mine on or off. Is there a way to turn them off to save battery power?

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself!
    Great joke. I haven't figured out how to get the stern light to show on the icon it should be on when running and just it on when anchored in the dark. Maybe the Helix thinks the bulb is burned out but it is a LED what little they know. Don
    Don Johnson
    U S Navy ATC Retired
    NE Florida
    Boat Name TRON
    Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Bow
    Helix 12 Chirp Mega DI+ G3N w/Mega 360 mounted of Fishing Specialties 360 Mount
    Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI G2N
    Garmin GPSMAP 1042 XSV w/LiveScope mounted on Fishing Specialties Bowducer Assy
    Mini Kota Ulterra
    Console
    Helix 12 Chirp Mega SI+ G3N
    Garmin GPSMap 922
    Humminbird PiranaMAX for high speed depth readings