Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mega 360 or livescope! I'm torn!

Help me out guys.. I can't decide between going with mega 360 or livescope. Any pros and cons you guys can think of. Thanks in advance. Looking forward to hear some input

2. Member
    Never tried the 360...but the Garmin LiveScope is amazing !!!! Literally a sneak peak underwater and you can watch the fish swim, move to your lure or follow it. Totally changed the way we fish as it makes a 'good day' turn into a great day when you know right where they are and what their pattern is. Image quality is unreal !!!
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

I would check out russel marine products. They have a you tube channel that compares the garmin livescope and lowrance livesight or whatever they call it. I know it is not comparing it to 360 but, the videos were very informational on the limits of the 2 different "live" view products. They were not as impressive as I had anticipated. I marshalled with the elites last year and one of my pros had the 360 and said it was the most important electronics he had on his boat. To me reading the 360 system appears to have a quicker learning curve than some of the other stuff because you can get a better idea of what your position is relative to fish or structure. I think most anlgers (myself included) use about 20% of their electronics capabilites simply because they are not on the water enough to learn exactly what they are seeing. The 25 days a year I am lucky enough to get on the water I want to spend time fishing not learning my electronics. I hope when I retire I will have the time to learn and understand my electronics and use a better percent of their capabilities. Good luck with your research. Let us know what you find out.
    "heard it in a love song.........can't be wrong"

4. Member
    I've watched a ton of videos and it is definitely incredible. My only concern is how beneficial it is bass fishing. As far as crappie fishing, it's incredible seeing them suspending in trees and reacting to your bait. I'm just wondering if it does any good with bass relating to the bottom and in brush piles near the bottom etc

Livescope is fantastic for big water smallmouth

6. Member
    For the way I mostly fish the mega 360 would probably be more beneficial. Though if I was doing more open water smallmouth fishing, livescope would probably be the ticket

I have Panoptix and love it...I use it more to see structure in front of the boat though than I do for open water fishing, hence I think 360 would be more useful for me.

From my personal experience 360 is better at seeing/finding structure and the livescope is better at seeing fishing/ "video game" fishing.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbrown08 View Post
    I've watched a ton of videos and it is definitely incredible. My only concern is how beneficial it is bass fishing. As far as crappie fishing, it's incredible seeing them suspending in trees and reacting to your bait. I'm just wondering if it does any good with bass relating to the bottom and in brush piles near the bottom etc
    360 makes you speculate on how tall a brush pile or rock pile is until you go over it, livescope leaves me no question same as to weed thickness/height. I see bass on the bottom with livescope especially if they are moving. I would have to give the 360 an advantage in new waters and in high wind over livescope. But home waters that you know you will learn so much more than you thought. But you need to know where your looking. Side imaging first is and will always be important. But livescope has shown me what my lures are doing and has effectively improved my fishing
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    360 makes you speculate on how tall a brush pile or rock pile is until you go over it, livescope leaves me no question same as to weed thickness/height. I see bass on the bottom with livescope especially if they are moving. I would have to give the 360 an advantage in new waters and in high wind over livescope. But home waters that you know you will learn so much more than you thought. But you need to know where your looking. Side imaging first is and will always be important. But livescope has shown me what my lures are doing and has effectively improved my fishing
    weed height and weed edges..that something I use my panoptix for routinely. I guess seeing weed height is something I couldn't observe on 360....good point!
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

A lot of it is going to depend on what type of fishing your doing and what type of water you fish in.
    for me I fish Tablerock a lot and its deep and clear and deep.
    so a lot of times in the winter and summer also the fish move out deep and are suspended in tree tops that might be 50-60-70 feet deep. then I think the livescope will be beneficial. I just put one on my boat so ill find out soon.
    but if I was pretty much a shallow water guy or fishing a lot of shallower water where your flipping and pitching to targets specifically or running a spinnerbait by a rockpile in 10-12 foot of water I think the 360 will be more for you.
    just all in the style and type of water you fish in my opinion. Granted I haven't ever used the 360 yet but could here in a while if they ever get it available for me to get my hands on one.

11. Member
    360 for me, wasnt impressed with panoptix. My thought is structure is more important then watching a screen waiting to see something swim into the beam. I have seen on 360 fish move anyway. Just my thoughts

12. Member
    Livescope was a game changer for me last summer. I was able to check docks for bass to following a school of largies in weeds to chasing them to open water where they were feeding on a school of bluegills.

13. Member
    If you're wanting to use it for brush piles ...livescope is hard to beat. You can see the brush pile, see if there is a bass there, and cast to it and hit on the first try. Less than 5' deep or deeper than 50' it's not as clear/useful in my opinion. But from 5-49' it's pretty cool. Good for vertical fishing too

I have both.

I bit the bullet..........both have their places for sure.

While they can achieve similar results on some aspects, they are quite different tools. We see 360 being a huge benefit on shallow waters and being able to paint a radius, finding structure, drops, shell beds and stumps. The Livescope is a more targeted tool for directional use and is also an amazing look underwater at individual targeted fish and cover which might hold them.

16. Member
    I have 360 with a MEGA 360 unit on the way, I really like it, BUT....will also say I think the LIVESCOPE/LIVESIGHT products would be awesome as well, but also would say that they have a different use for me. I definitely considered adding the Garmin product to the front of my boat as well.

17. BBC SPONSOR
    Garmin, Garmin, Garmin, Garmin.

18. Member
    I have been struggling with the same question on 360 vs Garmin. After much thought, I would prefer the 360 since I don’t have to be mechanically pointing with my foot control or a dedicated hand control. I’m going to install the Mega 360.

19. Member
    I've got a Mega 360 ordered. I fish mostly shallow waters and thought it would be the best addition.

20. Member
    Thanks guys I think I'm going to go with the 360 as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast